Greetings from a Notre Dame fan

NDinNYC

Suspended
Dec 26, 2012
Afternoon All,

Been enjoying your board for some time now so I thought I'd register and throw myself in the mix. Lifelong ND man but also a huge college football fan in general (they don't always go together as I'm sure you know from your own massive fan base). Hope that puts me in position to provide some unique insight around these parts. Or maybe not. You be the judge....either way, should be a good time.

Threads re Louis Nix v Barrett Jones, Alabama's WR v ND's Secondary and, of course, Alabama's Run Game v ND's Front 7 have been particularly interesting for me. Don't necessarily agree with everything I've read but that's to be expected and I respect the fact that most of you take time to provide logical arguments and / or facts to support your views.

I'm obviously no expert on Bama football but based on what I've seen (Tide games against Michigan, Arkansas, Tenn, Miss St, LSU, TA&M and Georgia), this Alabama team is not your best of the past 4 years. Of course, they don't have to be in order to beat ND. At the same time, ND doesn't have to be better than Alabama - just better on Jan. 7. And there's the rub ;)

Anyway, fire away if you have questions that you think I might be able to answer and I'll do my best. In the meantime, I'll insert myself wherever I can be most annoying :biggrin2:

Ah, I kid....Go Irish

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Welcome to Tidefans, the very best Alabama football site on the www. We are looking forward to January 7th when the two most storied and recognized football programs in college football collide in Miami. You will find on here knowledgeable fans who have a passion for college football in general and Alabama football in particular.

The game appears, at least on paper, a defensive slug fest with neither team giving up much in terms of yardage and points. IMO it should be a close game with the outcome dependent on field position, special teams play and turnovers. Enjoy your visit and follow the rules. Thanks for stopping by.

NDinNYC

Suspended
Dec 26, 2012
The game appears, at least on paper, a defensive slug fest with neither team giving up much in terms of yardage and points. IMO it should be a close game with the outcome dependent on field position, special teams play and turnovers. Enjoy your visit and follow the rules. Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks GrayTide. Hard to disagree with your view on paper. These bowl games often play out in unexpected ways as I'm sure you're aware, but...

Assuming that's not the case, as a ND fan, special teams play is a concern with respect to the return game. Punt return, in particular, has been absolutely terrible. The thinking has been that, while ND does have capable athletes on the back end (George Atkinson III for KO and Davonte Neal for PR - both at least solid 4* kids with excellent offer lists), the blocking has been hurt by a lack of overall depth that should be corrected next year. But, frankly, I still don't see how that explains being THIS bad (near worst in the country). It will be interesting to see if the Irish can improve their return blocking, amongs other things, over this break. Or if they simply take the attitude that it's best to avoid a mistake and there isn't enough time to make significant changes in a safe way. Ultimately, those hidden yards are more necessary for the underdog so I hope the Irish are able to coax something out of their return game. They'll need it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.