Two Texas Football Players Accused of Sexual Assault

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Nothing funny about sexual assault.

But if Colt had played they'd have beat us and then continued dominant and not even been in San Antonio.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
These are the things that happen when a girl invites two strangers back to her hotel room in the middle of the night. If true, then shame on them all for sheer stupidity.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Until more comes out about this, I'm going to give the players the benefit of the doubt by assuming that this is a false accusation by a woman trying to get attention at some point.

Hopefully, the police and those involved will be able to determine what actually happened - whether the accusations are true or false - as quickly as possible. If the accusations are false, I hope that it doesn't affect the players' careers and, if possible, their ability to play in the bowl game.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Until more comes out about this, I'm going to give the players the benefit of the doubt by assuming that this is a false accusation by a woman trying to get attention at some point.

Hopefully, the police and those involved will be able to determine what actually happened - whether the accusations are true or false - as quickly as possible. If the accusations are false, I hope that it doesn't affect the players' careers and, if possible, their ability to play in the bowl game.
Sounds like they've already been sent home. Or did I read that wrong?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Please NOBODY accuse me of using the "asking for it" argument, but.....

if (as the article says, and you know journalism) SHE invited THEM back to the room....what EXACTLY did she think they were going back for?

It reminds me of when Mike Tyson was accused/tried/convicted of rape. The first question I had was the same one a lot of people had - "What was she doing in Mike's room at 2 am? Mike ain't known as a world-class dominoes player."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm going to give the players the benefit of the doubt - until more is shared about this incident.

Maybe I am too naive but I prefer to think of young student athletes as having some reasonable semblance of the code of honor.

That said I wonder about a curfew policy that might have been in place and thus breached (?)

This is exactly why curfews exist and need to be followed!

A real shame....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The worst part of this is that the HC/AD has to take a conservative course. If he plays them and the allegations turn out true, he's crucified. OTOH, holding them out, as appears to be true, and they're exonerated, he's crucified by a different crew. Not a good position...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.