Notre Dame/Alabama

mmboys07

Suspended
Dec 30, 2012
My first post on your board: mmboys07: I am a Yankee fan so; Maris/Mantle with the 7 being Mantle's number. OK; down to business. I am 62 and been following Notre Dame and college football for a long time. I am long past the days of chest thumping and making nonsensical claims for the team I support. If the Irish win, of course I will be very happy. If they don't; well then; life goes on. I would say from what I have seen this year (I have watched Alabama play its 3 biggest games) Notre Dame will have a chance if:

1. They don't turn the ball over
2. Maintain ball control (run the ball successfully)
3. Finish drives with TDs

They have to do all three to have a chance. They have been very good at 1 and 2 all year. However, they have not been very good at number 3. Why? Kelly tends to go away with what worked to get into the red zone. They will pound the ball down inside the 20 and they start with the jump ball nonsense to Eifert or try some other trick nonsense and end up have to kick a field goal.

The Irish have other weaknesses as well: Not a good down the field passing game and depth problems in the defensive backfield and on the lines. They have been able to mask those most of the year. All in all I expect the Irish to put up a fight. Not to be ranked at all at the beginning of the season to be in this game is a win.

Perhaps more later.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Great first post. Welcome to tidefans.

You should've titled your thread "new member" to get more traffic.

My prediction is 30-13 Bama but that doesn't mean it won't be close for a good long while.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
My first post on your board: mmboys07: I am a Yankee fan so; Maris/Mantle with the 7 being Mantle's number. OK; down to business. I am 62 and been following Notre Dame and college football for a long time. I am long past the days of chest thumping and making nonsensical claims for the team I support. If the Irish win, of course I will be very happy. If they don't; well then; life goes on. I would say from what I have seen this year (I have watched Alabama play its 3 biggest games) Notre Dame will have a chance if:

1. They don't turn the ball over
2. Maintain ball control (run the ball successfully)
3. Finish drives with TDs

They have to do all three to have a chance. They have been very good at 1 and 2 all year. However, they have not been very good at number 3. Why? Kelly tends to go away with what worked to get into the red zone. They will pound the ball down inside the 20 and they start with the jump ball nonsense to Eifert or try some other trick nonsense and end up have to kick a field goal.

The Irish have other weaknesses as well: Not a good down the field passing game and depth problems in the defensive backfield and on the lines. They have been able to mask those most of the year. All in all I expect the Irish to put up a fight. Not to be ranked at all at the beginning of the season to be in this game is a win.

Perhaps more later.
Your post is accurate on what your OFFENSE needs to have a chance. While I know your DEFENSE is very good, our offense is a double headed snake offense with equal run and pass game. I think you need to be thinking more what your "D" does than what your "O" does.

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012

Perhaps more later.
Just to be clear depth is an issue on the OL but certainly not on the DL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.