Link: Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez Still Respects The Big Ten More Than The SEC

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
This may be the perfect time for the NCAA to drop a "random" drug test on Martinez. He has to be on something to talk that trash after losing.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
"I think the Big Ten, talent-wise, is a lot better, and the defenses in the Big Ten are better than SEC defenses," Martinez said. "This was supposed to be one of the top defenses in the SEC, and we pretty much did anything we wanted against them."
UGa did give up some yards and points to NU, but not much late in the game when it mattered.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
....and at times, it appeared Georgia had rather be attending a prostrate exam rather than the Cap-One bowl. They certainly lacked the intensity they showed when they played Bama.
And from what I have seen through most of my life, most teams will play Bama with more intensity than they show against anyone else. When you're Bama, the target on your back is big and bright. Everytime Bama has lost focus throughout the years, they would lose games if they didn't recover it. Being the best, you have to bring it every day, because history has shown every team you play is gonna bring their best....or, in some instances, even more than their best.
Martinez is just a smack talker; when he wins something, he can talk all he wants. I think his mama must be one of those who always told him he was a winner, even when he lost.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Here's the deal: TM knows he has to play in the B1G next year, he has to make nice so the other teams don't have bulletin board material. On the other hand, he is hoping he doesn't have to play another SEC team... ever.
...or he could say nothing at all which would serve the same purpose.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.