Nike introduces uniform system for BCS game

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Stop calling them uniforms, it's a "uniform system"!

I love the marketing term for a jersey with special meshy stuff in the armpits. Like it's gonna cool you off while you run in pads.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Technology changes uniforms. The Yankees uni's look the same as they did 60 years ago but they don't make them in wool/cotton flannel any more for a reason.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Do you guys think Nike gets mad because coach Saban wont let them make a different looking uni? :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do think the helmets might be matte...but the uniform does look good.RTR.
If you'll look closer at the helmets, they have a raised ridge down the middle, with enlarged rectangular air holes, which may not be bad, given the warmth of S. FL., not that I'd want to stay with them, since they look like motorcycle helmets. BTW, a long -time friend from Coral Gables posted today on Facebook that the "spring" - "spring?!?!?" - is the warmest on record, with plants blooming which normally don't bloom until March...

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
I really like the uniform. It's not flashy, it's not an 'in your face' type of uniform. Glad to see Alabama not fall victim to the hype and do anything drastic.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.