Nike introduces uniform system for BCS game

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
I hope its a modern flat or gloss finish to the Riddell 360 helmets. Love the uniforms. I also like how it also honors the tradition. If it "jacks up" the kids, then I'm all for it. They give so much for our pleasure/joy including their health. (God forbid).

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I love whenever Nike unvails these new jerseys they always put the model in a black visor...one that almost no one is allowed to wear anymore.

Also the model needs to hit the weight room...our athletes are more chiseled and muscled up than that!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm all for anything to help the players stay cool...I can still remember those heavy cotton jerseys from the 70's where the sleeves hung down to the elbows and they would stick to you like glue when wet...
We used to squeeze the sweat out of those jerseys for drinking water during practice.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Coach Bryant had the guys wearing those flimsy tear-away jerseys for a while. I can't remember if they made a rule change against them but some of the opposing coaches grumbled about them. If these don't hurt I don't have a problem with them.

TheCrimsonLiver

All-SEC
Aug 21, 2006
Pell City
I love the gloves. I also want to see Alabama wear chrome helmets at least once. ;) (I have a chrome Alabama mini helmet, and it is awesome). But the helmets in the pics look the same as always. I don't notice a matte like finish.
I am a traditionalist but I agree with u on this. I like the chrome look that TCU has on theirs and I think it would look incredible in crimson.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
We used to keep vomit buckets at each position so we would have something wet to drink during our "water breaks"
Ha! It's a miracle that teams back then didn't all die from heat stroke but I guess we were more used to it since air conditioning wasn't common where I grew up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Coach Bryant had the guys wearing those flimsy tear-away jerseys for a while. I can't remember if they made a rule change against them but some of the opposing coaches grumbled about them. If these don't hurt I don't have a problem with them.
Yes, it was another of the "Bryant rules..."

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
If you'll look closer at the helmets, they have a raised ridge down the middle, with enlarged rectangular air holes, which may not be bad, given the warmth of S. FL., not that I'd want to stay with them, since they look like motorcycle helmets. BTW, a long -time friend from Coral Gables posted today on Facebook that the "spring" - "spring?!?!?" - is the warmest on record, with plants blooming which normally don't bloom until March...
That helmet is a Riddell 360 or Revo Speed. I think some of the players have wore them throughout this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.