Game Thread: Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Kansas State

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not going to lie... I own a pair of green and yellow shoes I call "Ducks", although they are from Adidas.
I've grown partial to Keens. They fit better, he's moving his manufacturing back to the US, and my daughter knows him. In fact, he contributes to the nonprofit, Baykeeper.org, she runs in San Francisco...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
This game is almost, but not quite, as bad as last night's game. However, KSU is simply overwhelmed instead of being disinterested like Florida.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
I would say it's the avoidance of playing grown man football (i.e. lining up and physically dominating the man in front of you).
For the record I hate Oregon because I lived in WA through Bama's almost NC/NC years, and not all but most Oregon fans were annoying beyond belief. My physical therapist was from there, and I'd spend the whole session talking about why Oregon was overrated.

This game just makes me want to see Upshaw tear up that Offense from Oregon. ;)

Ruffian

Oct 21, 2012
Nashville
Didn't know K State fans disliked Alabama... :eek:
Grew up in Bama. Huge Tide fan. Currently a grad student at K-State. I must say that most folks I know have no problem with Alabama. I don't get any huge Big XII homer vibe from them either, but they sure love their Wildcat football (and basketball). This should be apparent in how well they traveled to the Fiesta bowl. Snyder is certainly an icon around town and very kind. Gives a lot back to the community.

However, nothing compares to the atmosphere at Bryant Denny or other SEC venues on game day.

Grew up in Bama. Huge Tide fan. Currently a grad student at K-State. I must say that most folks I know have no problem with Alabama. I don't get any huge Big XII homer vibe from them either, but they sure love their Wildcat football (and basketball). This should be apparent in how well they traveled to the Fiesta bowl. Snyder is certainly an icon around town and very kind. Gives a lot back to the community.

However, nothing compares to the atmosphere at Bryant Denny or other SEC venues on game day.
I should have put ;)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I had to pickup my baby girl from her friends house & missed it..How does a team score a one point safety?????..Didn't even know that could happen..
K State blocked the extra point...tried to advance it, and ended up going back into the endzone(via lateral) where they were tackeled for a one point safety...

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
A one point safety? A one po...well you see something new all the time in College Football.
Yea...something new with that and of course the few fouls that weren't fouls that scare me cause I worry the officials in the BSCG will pull off the same thing.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

For some reason, there are many KU grads here in Huntsville (like our next-door neighbors for 25 years), but few KSU grads. The KU people have sort of the same sort of attitude toward the KSU folk as we do toward AU, but just not so much bitterness on the part of the KSU folk. It always seemed a little odd to me that the two schools were so close together right there on I-70. I once got caught in a storm there on I-70 during FB season and both of them were playing at home. Manhattan was completely full, but we managed to get the last room in Lawrence. When we go in and dried out, we found that several people had drowned on the spur to the south, one minivan being swept 1.5 miles down a dry wash in the Flint Hills...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.