Question: Bowl Season this far

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It was ok. I only watched the tail end of the LSU game and then a quarter or so of the game last night. Once bowl season gets here, I am burned out on football and only care to watch Bama play.

Now when football starts up in the fall, I will watch any game that is on. Haha.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I would have to give them a weak "C" at best. I have watched the LSU vs Clemson game, the entire game. Bits and pieces of the USCe and UGA games and some of the Texas vs Oregon State game. That is it. Seems the matchups get worse every year. Oh, some of the USCw game, not that I was interested in the game but to see Kiffin suck it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think I said in another thread that the BSC basically sucked the life out of all the bowls, including the BSC bowls, because the teams are just playing for the highest ratings possible at the beginning of the next season. Before the BSC, a team had a chance of clawing its way to the top, with a good bowl performance, depending on which teams above lost. That's no longer true. As a result, ticket sales have taken it on the chin. It's a good thing the TV income is offsetting...

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
I've enjoyed the bowls and have watched a little bit of almost every one.

The only thing I don't like about the BCS bowls is the starting time. Damn Im not that old but I'm falling asleep in the 3rd quarter

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
There can never be enough bowl games. The more the merrier.
Most of the time I don't even care who is playing. It is a football game.
When I was younger, school was out for Christmas break and there was a game on almost every night. What more could I have asked for?
I do agree the BCS is watering down the importance of the games and conference champions.
It seems to be "national title or bust" for most teams and fans now.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I've enjoyed the bowls and have watched a little bit of almost every one.

The only thing I don't like about the BCS bowls is the starting time. Damn Im not that old but I'm falling asleep in the 3rd quarter
I agree, but I will be up late on Monday night :). I have already scheduled a half day off from work. Yes, I am preparing for me hangover :smile:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have enjoyed the bowl games, and I look forward to the HS recruit games today and tomorrow. I love football - I'll gladly watch a "bad" game over just about anything else that might be on television.

termite

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Albertville AL
It was ok. I only watched the tail end of the LSU game and then a quarter or so of the game last night. Once bowl season gets here, I am burned out on football and only care to watch Bama play.

Now when football starts up in the fall, I will watch any game that is on. Haha.
Same here. Have not watched one bowl game so far.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
There are way too many bowl games now. They used to be a reward for a job well done. Now they're a reward for being...well, average. Next time your high-schooler brings home a C on their report card...be sure and give 'em a reward. ;)
When you have two "average" teams playing each other, that's what you're gonna get..."average" football. UT's Mack Brown's halftime comments during their bowl game were telling. He said "we can't block these guys". Well they couldn't tackle 'em either. Blocking and tackling...isn't that fundamental football? Isn't that the same problem they had three years ago? I would think the headcoach would fix that. So many teams, coaches, and fans, from pee-wee through high school and college have sacrificed fundamentals for speed. "You can't tackle". "We don't care... we'll outscore 'em". "You can't block". "We don't care...just get in the way long enough for our QB to through to our speedy receivers". IOW...you don't halve to do it right...you just halve to do it fast.

Some teams try to be exciting and hope they're good. Those teams play in other bowls. Some teams try to be good and hope they're exciting. Those teams are playing Jan. 7th. :BigA:

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Considering the great football famine that is about to hit, I strongly disagree.
+1

I refer to the time period from post super bowl to college kick off as the "Black Hole of Television". This time of year I'm like a squirrel preparing for winter. I watch all I can to fatten up so I can survive the lean months.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'd have to say this has been a pretty weak bowl season. I love football and watch all of them however the awful play by some of these teams was hard to swallow. Thats a direct result of having too many teams though. I remember when there were actually some good teams playing good football before Jan 1

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Capital One Bowl and Sugar Bowl were the best so far in my opinion. I didn't see the Rose Bowl, but I heard there was a lot of defense in that one. Outback Bowl was good as well.

Overall it's not the best year for bowl games, but it's pretty good. I think if they limited the number of bowl games anywhere from 12-15, it would be a lot more interesting and entertaining.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I for one like a lot of bowl games because of what has already been said that after Monday January 7th we won't have anymore college football to enjoy until I think the end of August. It is a very long off season. I would have liked seeing better match ups in some of the bowl games though. Roll Tide!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Capital One Bowl and Sugar Bowl were the best so far in my opinion. I didn't see the Rose Bowl, but I heard there was a lot of defense in that one. Outback Bowl was good as well.

Overall it's not the best year for bowl games, but it's pretty good. I think if they limited the number of bowl games anywhere from 12-15, it would be a lot more interesting and entertaining.
Sugar Bowl? Seriously. That was a massacre. Final score did not indicate how that game went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
That's the reason I liked it, because many people thought Florida would just glide through to a victory. I was surprised to see Louisville take it to the Gators. Also I have family and friends who are Louisville fans and they were pretty happy with the win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.