Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today (Jones says never happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

It baffles me how their could be a lack of focus before a national championship game. After all the work they have done it would seem easy to keep them focused for a few days with a chance to do something incredible.

I really don't even understand it for the "lesser" bcs bowl games. Why blow am opportunity to play on national tv and finish your season off on a high note.
i would imagine what they think is a lack of focus is probably a lot different than what we think is a lack of focus. luckily for us, we have team leaders like jones that know what it takes to win it all

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Not to be a nervous Nellie but we heard rumors just like this leading up to the Utah game. Ultimately I think we passed the blame of the eventual outcome to the Andre Smith debacle and the disappointment of not being in the BCSCG and losing to UF.

So we'll see if we have another "Utah" Monday night or not. I certainly hope not. But how the "flow" of this bowl season is going for the SEC we're on schedule for a letdown. Thank goodness the outcome ultimately is in the players' and coaches' hands.
my thought is the only reason we are hearing this now is because worrying fans consume more pre game analysis and with the weak bowl schedule there is nothing else to talk about

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This coverage on ESPNU is awesome!

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

I doubt we lack focus. This is probably a wise coach and his smart juniors/seniors making an impression on the younger guys and "honing" more than having to get them to focus.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I doubt we lack focus. This is probably a wise coach and his smart juniors/seniors making an impression on the younger guys and "honing" more than having to get them to focus.
Yep. Getting the right/peal focus at the right time. Hey it's here hitch up your big boy pants and bring it!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

This coverage on ESPNU is awesome!
It really is. They did a good job putting the preview show together. Loved the videos of families reactions through the various highs and lows of the season.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Yeah. Were most of us watching things, we'd probably think they were ready to go. But with Coach Saban, and those like Jones who have been around, they take things to levels most of us are not able to.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003

it's amazing we still have fans bringing up the utah game and even more amazing that they're actually trying to draw parallels.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

Yup, I just think it's that the leaders wanted the intensity ratcheted up a little, up to Alabama Football standards. They needed to remind that while it's good and all to have fun, they are ultimately in Miami to accomplish a goal.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN

I have know doubt we have the better team and we should win. But make no mistake ND is prepared and ready. They may not be better than TX or LSU were, but I believe they are better coached and more focused than either of those two teams were. We must come with our A game. As I have heard Lou Holtz say " you don't have to be the best team in the country, just the best team in the stadium that night"

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

Our experience in having been to the Big Show recently is an important asset. The players who have been there before are getting the attention of those who haven't yet.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I have know doubt we have the better team and we should win. But make no mistake ND is prepared and ready. They may not be better than TX or LSU were, but I believe they are better coached and more focused than either of those two teams were. We must come with our A game. As I have heard Lou Holtz say " you don't have to be the best team in the country, just the best team in the stadium that night"
I seldom agree with 'Granny Holtz', but he's absolutely right.
The best team don't always win, but the one who want's it the most just might win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.