Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Get in line with the process or go home. If you want another championship you carry yourself accordingly. You act like you have been there and stop acting like children. People keep wanting to call these men kids or claim they are young. Then allow them to use that youth as an excuse. Still no reason to act like you are still in high school because you aren't. You are playing on a team creating a dynasty. I hope they learn from their mistake. I am not worried about team focus...I am more worried about the fans on here that keep wanting to jump off the cliff over every little thing. I doubt the players are as worried about this incident as some of us are. They know what's at stake. JMO.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
LSU from last yr. Is a prime example of not being focused for a title game. Message to tide players...dont be that team.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I wish people would quit drawing comparisons to the Sugar Bowl against utah. COMPLETELY different set of circumstances. You had a team that had their hopes blown up in the loss to uf in the SECCG. And frankly, the coaches bear some of that blame for not getting them up for a 'consolation game', so to speak.

This is the National Championship. Easy to lose focus amid the circus-like atmosphere? Sure. But this is NOTHING like the 2009 Sugar Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
They have to know that there was a zero tolerance for stuff like this. Hope they realized what a stupid mistake cost them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
This team is a little on the young side but with some good sr leadership. What i dont want to see is for all this to make our team play tight. Need to stay positive be loose play smart with max effort we do that no one can touch us on the field. Its over time to move on cause we have bigger fish to fry. Roll tide.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Was hoping to see D. Lee playing some mop-up time in the 4th quarter. Oh, well, both these young players will learn a lesson the hard way. I take it they won't be receiving championship rings - that will hurt, I bet.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
For all those wetting their shorts.....calm down. These two aren't the first Tide players to be suspended from a bowl game...nor will they be the last. We're just lucky they weren't key players at this point in their career.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For all those wetting their shorts.....calm down. These two aren't the first Tide players to be suspended from a bowl game...nor will they be the last. We're just lucky they weren't key players at this point in their career.
I hate to say it, but this sort of thing is far more likely to happen with people who aren't expecting to play much, if at all...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
It could be worse, we could have a coach that didn't keep tabs on his players and allowed them to do as they wish. Don't be naive folks!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think that's the tradition when you're sent home from a bowl. I've never heard of anyone being flown home yet. Seems it always a bus...
I like this tradition. Lets see - a bus ride from Miami to Tuscaloosa - 30+ hours? That's a lot of time to think (mostly about how much they are going to be running when Coach gets back home).

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I'm sure they were given a bus ticket home. Whether they actually took the bus home is another matter.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
These freshmen KIDS (and they are still kids) will be watching their teammates on TV just like we are. They are missing out on the experience and it is the best thing that could have happened. I had much rather know these young kids are losing focus and doing stupid stuff, than to think there are guys that have been around and should know better, that are staying out and partying or whatever. I'm willing to bet these two end up as the leaders by the time they are juniors or seniors. Hard lessons are the best lessons. If anything, this should prove to all of us that the rest of team IS ready to take care of business.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
These freshmen KIDS (and they are still kids) will be watching their teammates on TV just like we are. They are missing out on the experience and it is the best thing that could have happened. I had much rather know these young kids are losing focus and doing stupid stuff, than to think there are guys that have been around and should know better, that are staying out and partying or whatever. I'm willing to bet these two end up as the leaders by the time they are juniors or seniors. Hard lessons are the best lessons. If anything, this should prove to all of us that the rest of team IS ready to take care of business.
Different people handle punishment in all sorts of different ways. If these two are smart and want to be the best they can be, they will use it as a message to get their act together and make better decisions next time. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way though...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.