Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I like this tradition. Lets see - a bus ride from Miami to Tuscaloosa - 30+ hours? That's a lot of time to think (mostly about how much they are going to be running when Coach gets back home).
I'm sure they are going to be very mad about having to make that long ride home. However, when they need to use the latrine, hopefully there will be a mirror so they can see who they should be mad at. They are missing a great opportunity to see a great game up close and personal instead of having to watch it like me. When you are told what to expect and you still screw up, that's not good.

Don't the freshmen need seniors/upperclassmen around them during the entire PROCESS saying don't do this and don't do that or you are going to blow it big time and have to pay for your mistakes. I sure hope nobody else has to ride a bus home!

However, if anybody else has to ride a bus home, they need to board that bus with no TV monitors oh about an hour before game time.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

No offense to Anderson and Lee but they are, as of right now, what I call "chicken finger eaters". "Chicken finger eaters" don't get much leeway when it comes to shenanigans. You are here to support, not distract. You distract and I will ensure that you will not be here to distract any further.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
However, if anybody else has to ride a bus home, they need to board that bus with no TV monitors oh about an hour before game time.
They could just as easily watch the game on their smart phones...:wink:

I think being sent home and being publicly humiliated is quite enough.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It is unfortunate for these kids that their actions caused them to be sent home. However, the humiliation of being sent home should be sufficient to get their heads on right for the future. These are two kids have now been taught a very valuable life lesson.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
They could just as easily watch the game on their smart phones...:wink:

I think being sent home and being publicly humiliated is quite enough.
Man, all these new gadgets that we have available to us now. I think back to Bama playing Arkansas after the 1961 season. I watched that game intently on a small Black and White TV. Times sure have changed.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

No offense to Anderson and Lee but they are, as of right now, what I call "chicken finger eaters". "Chicken finger eaters" don't get much leeway when it comes to shenanigans. You are here to support, not distract. You distract and I will ensure that you will not be here to distract any further.
Agree, and, as I posted earlier, this type of player is, unfortunately, more likely to get into trouble. Sometimes it's hard to really feel like you're an important part when you know you're not going to see the field...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Man, all these new gadgets that we have available to us now. I think back to Bama playing Arkansas after the 1961 season. I watched that game intently on a small Black and White TV. Times sure have changed.
Those little B&W TVs were responsible for the white road jersey rule. I remember playing UT with them in orange and us in crimson. Looked about the same color on TV...

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
Don't the freshmen need seniors/upperclassmen around them during the entire PROCESS saying don't do this and don't do that or you are going to blow it big time and have to pay for your mistakes. I sure hope nobody else has to ride a bus home!
I think we have some of the best leaders in college sports, but honestly, at this point, those leaders need to be focusing on the game and not chasing around kids who choose not to listen or follow the example their leaders are displaying.

I hate watching kids learn lessons the hard way, particularly when it comes to such a rare opportunity such as making history; however, what is done is done, and it's time for everyone to move forward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.