Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
This is concerning for several reasons not the least of which is the media attention that will be given to it. Since I started typing this, 3 media alerts have popped up. As for the situation itself...there have been signs that something was not right (the players only meeting, tweets from players like Fluker to stay focused). Please know I am NOT trying to raise an alarm -- the players meeting, followed by the tough practice, followed by dismissal of these players has probably refocused everyone on this team. But for those on this board who lightly dismiss this situation, I can assure you Saban and staff are not amused!
I don't worry until gameday, they'll be good.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

The Irish are staying at the Westin Diplomat Resort/Spa in Hollywood -- certainly no dump!

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
This is concerning for several reasons not the least of which is the media attention that will be given to it. Since I started typing this, 3 media alerts have popped up. As for the situation itself...there have been signs that something was not right (the players only meeting, tweets from players like Fluker to stay focused). Please know I am NOT trying to raise an alarm -- the players meeting, followed by the tough practice, followed by dismissal of these players has probably refocused everyone on this team. But for those on this board who lightly dismiss this situation, I can assure you Saban and staff are not amused!
I am pretty sure you have the ORDER all screwed up!!!

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
Two young guys who are freshman that could not take care of business with the rest of the team. Well, I hope they both learn something from their mistake.
It is just like being a teen and parents doing thier job and being firm. It builds character and teaches you that you have to behave.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

This isn't a big deal in the scheme of things. just to the two players...

First, missing curfew can be easy when you're out. If the two of them ended up hitting a club by themselves for instance, and lost track of time it has no bearing on anyone else.

Second... The media attention it bring has nothing to do with the teams preparation or practice either. The only people is stirs up, aside from the media, is us. If players have enough time to be worrying about the media, then there is a bigger problem anyways.

Third, and finally... This players only meeting to make sure everyone was focused isn't an alarm, or shouldn't be. As said in THAT thread, I bet OUR definition of lack of focus and THEIR definition is WAY different. Some of the leaders on the team probably want 100% effort from whistle to whistle all day long...you see one or two guys (even those who are just running scout team) slacking up, you get on their butts... That doesn't mean the team isn't focused...it means they want even MORE then they are already getting. I feel like some of you are looking for an "out" in this game before it already starts...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
How do we know the players were dismissed after all this? This could have been done quietly and we are just now finding out?

BTW, I still don't like it and hope this has lit some fires under the appropriate rear ends.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

The #5 Night Club in the World is just below the hotel the team is staying in...no surprise that some couldn't resist the temptation!

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005

Two players (who knew they weren't going to play in the game) acted selfishly and are being punished for it. I don't see this as an indication that the rest of the team isn't taking this trip seriously. That's way too big a leap.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Looks like we've got plenty of folks already doing enough worrying for the rest of us, so I'm not gonna. Can't help but think this much ado about very little. Monday can't come soon enough.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

The #5 Night Club in the World is just below the hotel the team is staying in...no surprise that some couldn't resist the temptation!
The #1 Football Team in the Nation is staying above that place of false hope and bravado - Which team do you want to be a part of?

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Looks like we've got plenty of folks already doing enough worrying for the rest of us, so I'm not gonna. Can't help but think this much ado about very little. Monday can't come soon enough.
Sorry I'm going to join the worrying crowd. I assume the team meeting was called after this incident from what I've read but all of this doesn't seem to bode well to me as far as where this teams focus lies. Notre Dame is going to be extremely hungry and if this team comes in sleepwalking it can get away from us quickly.

I really hope the senior leadership can regain the focus and intensity they'll need for an epic game on Monday night. Word coming from some of the guys interviewed made it sound like practice went much better, let's hope so.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
How do we know the players were dismissed after all this? This could have been done quietly and we are just now finding out?

BTW, I still don't like it and hope this has lit some fires under the appropriate rear ends.
Well obviously I have no insight into this but their dismissal happened somewhere close in this timeline of events. Good grief. My point was only that this seems to have connecting dots. To your point I hope this is all A ok now, but do those on this board who are dismissing this so lightly really believe it isn't at least on the minds of the other players who may have to answer questions about this? Whether they were starters or not they were part of the TEam and it can't help but be an added distraction that "to my knowledge" they didn't have to deal with last year -- or that ND is facing this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.