LB Matthew Thomas Updates

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Re: Matthew Thomas

Thomas will be a Mosely type in college.....if for some strange reason he can't put on the weight, he will be one of the best strong safeties out there.

RTR!!!!!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

It's the system we run. He doesn't have the mass for our system right now. That being said I hope we get him. I think he can be put on the mass and be a solid LB for us.
I see what you mean. The kid seems to have talent and I am absolutely sure that Coach C can help put the mass on him.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Thomas would be the perfect "SCUD Missile" to stop the offensive threat of Manziel at Texas A&M.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

This kid plays alot like M Barron, especially with his ability to cover space and tackle. But he also is built alot like K Alexander who we passe don last year. Thomas though seems like he can add more weight to his frame unlike KA could.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Well I know he's only had one year in the program thus far but Tyler Hayes is this exact mold of a player 6'3 215. From watching Tyler Hayes on special teams and the practice clips he looks like he will be a special player in the future.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

It's the system we run. He doesn't have the mass for our system right now. That being said I hope we get him. I think he can be put on the mass and be a solid LB for us.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Still, Saban has noted a desire to find guys who can stay on the field during the hurry up and has mentioned the bigger players we recruit having a problem with that. Mosely's size made him ideal for dealing with the hurry up, maybe the staff is thinking the same.

However, he won't be expected to start right away and should be able to put on good weight after his first year of the S and C program

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

This kid plays alot like M Barron, especially with his ability to cover space and tackle. But he also is built alot like K Alexander who we passe don last year. Thomas though seems like he can add more weight to his frame unlike KA could.
Reminds me of Brooks Daniels who played LB at about 210 lbs in the Dubose/Fran days. Loved the way he played.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

We've recruited him for a long time, but have never really pushed for a commitment, and I don't anticipate that we will start doing so now. 200 pound linebackers really just have no place in our 3-4 scheme, which is something we've figured out pretty well despite some attempts to prove otherwise.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Would have been nice to have a few more against aTm.

There are rumors now that he may have canceled his visit to FSU this weekend. Apparantly him and some of the recruits really hit it off on the visit.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

There are rumors now that he may have canceled his visit to FSU this weekend. Apparantly him and some of the recruits really hit it off on the visit.
Just hope mom did.....I think he's a take. The NCAA is going to knock Miami out of the race, I think....

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

good article. Sounds he knows what it is like to work hard and win a championship. Sounds like he will fit right in. He reminds me of Jerrell Harris coming out of high school. He'll add weight. Can't teach speed and instincts though. Could be a Ralph Staten type safety also.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

good article. Sounds he knows what it is like to work hard and win a championship. Sounds like he will fit right in. He reminds me of Jerrell Harris coming out of high school. He'll add weight. Can't teach speed and instincts though. Could be a Ralph Staten type safety also.
Video reminds me of Staten as well. I was thinking Staten played OLB though...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Just hope mom did.....I think he's a take. The NCAA is going to knock Miami out of the race, I think....
Tend to disagree with him being a take, as I discussed above, but I think you're right on Miami. Lot of people believe that the NCAA is going to drop the payload on the 'Canes right before NSD just like they did with us back in 2002.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011

Tend to disagree with him being a take, as I discussed above, but I think you're right on Miami. Lot of people believe that the NCAA is going to drop the payload on the 'Canes right before NSD just like they did with us back in 2002.
When did they announce our 2002 sanctions? My brain can't remember that far back. I do recall it coming out of the blue and a day or so after UK's lesser sanctions that were frighteningly more than anyone expected.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

No doubt about that, he could have a definite role against those types of offenses. Of course, the problem is what do you do with him the other eight or nine games out of the year?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

When did they announce our 2002 sanctions? My brain can't remember that far back. I do recall it coming out of the blue and a day or so after UK's lesser sanctions that were frighteningly more than anyone expected.
February 1, 2002, five days before NSD. Of course, not that we had much of a signing class to start with before they went atomic on us, but it certainly didn't help matters.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Why don't you think he is a take BET. Hunch or insider stuff?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.