Game Thread: BBVA Compass Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Pitt

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
IF OM handles Pitt, there will some real anxiety on the Domer side. I noticed a little nerves on their boards after A&M/OK, when their "tough" opponent got routed. Their SOS is taking a real hit...

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I never begrudged giving those kids a few bucks for parking. I love capitalism and free enterprise on all levels. And always ate from the BBQ stands. The local food was always great.
I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if it was a kid. Unfortunately, when a 50 year old man off-handedly threatens me if I don't tip him on top of the $20 parking, then there is a problem.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if it was a kid. Unfortunately, when a 50 year old man off-handedly threatens me if I don't tip him on top of the $20 parking, then there is a problem.
I'd park at the house directly behind the old Sammy's -- the yard was fenced, and for years, a nice elderly lady lived there. Giving her our money was a privilege. She was so nice to us over the years. After she passed away, her son leased the house to another nice lady. We parked there for 14 years.

Last edited:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
IF OM handles Pitt, there will some real anxiety on the Domer side. I noticed a little nerves on their boards after A&M/OK, when their "tough" opponent got routed. Their SOS is taking a real hit...
If theNC game goes like i think it should. ND will be one of the most over hyped over rated teams in quite a while. I agree, the domers story is beginning to crumble a bit.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
They also charge not to slash your tires or steal them altogether...I mean "watch" your car for you.
This is an ill-informed comment based on my experience. I have went to many a game at Legion Field and never had an instance where I thought the safety of my person or property was in jeopardy. That might not be the case now but back then the parking money for those households was real money used to pay bills and such. There was a lot of policing that went on among those homeowners down there because they didnt want anything messing with the good thing they had going. They fed us; let us use their bathrooms, etc. Honestly, I actually kind of miss the whole experience because I encountered some good people just trying to get by.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.