The Notre Dame Defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

12ROLL12TIDE12

1st Team
Aug 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
I turn on ESPN and I can't even think before I start hearing "Louis Nix III is gonna bring trouble to this Alabama Offensive line!".
You have to give it to all the talking heads in the media. They have diagnosed all 100 ways Notre Dame can beat Alabama, yet managed to really limit the discussion around Notre Dame's areas of weakness. You would think this D-line has absolutely mauled all the team it played and Golson Football has been saving his best all year.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
You have to give it to all the talking heads in the media. They have diagnosed all 100 ways Notre Dame can beat Alabama, yet managed to really limit the discussion around Notre Dame's areas of weakness. You would think this D-line has absolutely mauled all the team it played and Golson Football has been saving his best all year.
Yep, if I hear "Golson gonna have his coming out party like AJ last year" one more time. Lol

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I'm not worried about Golson but that defense is for real. Still not worried if the offense executes.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I can not imagine that ND's D is any better than LSU's D. Their offense is horrible. They beat Michigan 13-6 which is the only common opp. we both played.

I do think the game will be good and they remind me a lot of the UA 2009 team that just finds ways to win and get it done. But if UA brings the A game ND should not be able to match up or keep up in the end.

ART

1st Team
Really??? Come on, I want to be worried, but I just can't stop laughing at the notion that we should be!! The ONLY thing that worries me is odds. The ODDS of us winning 3 NC's in 4 years worries me worse that the actual talent on thier team.......jmo.

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012
their D is a bit more talented than the MSU team we played couple years ago, but depth of the team is not quite there yet.
I must say you don't know what you are talking about. This ND defense is light years more talented than the Michigan state team from 2 years ago and the depth is great.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Depth is not as great as you think. Acknowledged recruiting guru Coach Saban competed for a title in his third year too but his team depth took a full five years to really round into shape.
We'll have a good game between the starting 22s but if the bottom third of the rosters played each other today y'all would need a medevac unit.

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012
I'm not so sure about that. It is better than MSU, but light years not quite.
You are insane, a dreadful ND offense put up 30 points on MSU that year. You don't have a clue if you think 2010 Michigan State Defense is even remotely close to this years Notre Dame team. I won't even address the fact that you think that team is better

MSU though had a better team than what ND has now, that's for sure.
Yeah I am convinced you haven't seen a single snap of either team. This post is beyond laughable.

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012
Depth is not as great as you think. Acknowledged recruiting guru Coach Saban competed for a title in his third year too but his team depth took a full five years to really round into shape.
We'll have a good game between the starting 22s but if the bottom third of the rosters played each other today y'all would need a medevac unit.
Normally that would be the case when a new coach brings in his own recruits and starts them right away. But Weis last class was actually quite good and accounts for 10 starters and several backups. So its not the normal rebuilding project.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
You are insane, a dreadful ND offense put up 30 points on MSU that year. You don't have a clue if you think 2010 Michigan State Defense is even remotely close to this years Notre Dame team. I won't even address the fact that you think that team is better

Yeah I am convinced you haven't seen a single snap of either team. This post is beyond laughable.
No sense in name calling, we all know JBNP is crazy but we don't say it out loud :). We like to have constructive arguments around here, not posts that stoop to name calling. I think offensively Msu was suppose to have been better,though they didn't have an equal to Johnny football like Nd has in Golston( ;) ) from what I saw in 2010 msu defense was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.