The Notre Dame Defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Playing us might have done more to prepare the Tide for ND than anything else could. Saban will not lose this game with that long to prepare. This is not going to be close - 21 at least. RTR.
I am not sure about winning by 21, but I do agree our loss to aTm helped prepare us for the game.

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What do you see that you don't like about McCarron?
I guess I was sort of speaking from an NFL perspective. He does everything really well, nothing he does ever 'wows' me. He has good size and looks fluid in the pocket so Im guessing he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick depending on how next season goes.

But dont get me wrong, I'd take him on my team any day of the weak. Regarding Monday's game, I fear the running attack and the Bama D more than McCarron. I dont watch Bama week in and week out so I'm prob way off base. I dont know.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I understand you are worried, but worrying isn't going to help us.. we need to be positive.. and support our team win or lose.. IF we continue to worry, that's giving ND an edge over us.. ND is talking hype.. and we're just forcused on little things that will help us win the game. SO RELAX and enjoy the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess I was sort of speaking from an NFL perspective. He does everything really well, nothing he does ever 'wows' me. He has good size and looks fluid in the pocket so Im guessing he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick depending on how next season goes.

But dont get me wrong, I'd take him on my team any day of the weak. Regarding Monday's game, I fear the running attack and the Bama D more than McCarron. I dont watch Bama week in and week out so I'm prob way off base. I dont know.
That sounds sort of contradictory to me. :D If you haven't seen any "wow" moments, you haven't watched him enough. He's just a typical pro-type QB, doing his job - well...

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
Not worried about this game. I was more worried about LSU and Texas A&M. If the team plays like they know how to, we will win by 14 or more.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Go back and watch the ND/Pitt game. It might help to calm your nerves. If that doesn't help then try some Xanax.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not worried about the team not being hungry enough. As the game gets closer, my stomach is already in a knot just like it has been every time the Tide plays in a NC game. I'm sure the players are ready to go. I may be mistaken, but I believe the team is healthier than they've been since early in the season.

I feel more confident after watching OU and Pitt play. I watched ND play both those teams. ND was better than OU and deserved to win that game, but they were so flat against Pitt. I can't imagine how badly Bama would beat Pitt on their (Bama's) worst day.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
When did ND play Pitt? Was it after an emotional game like us playing the Aggies after LSU.
Yep, ND played Pitt the week after OU.

A lot of people seem to discount where an opponent falls on a schedule. I'd expect ND to beat Pitt handily if they played again, but if they'd have played Stanford the week after OU, that's a loss.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yep, ND played Pitt the week after Pitt.

A lot of people seem to discount where an opponent falls on a schedule. I'd expect ND to beat Pitt handily if they played again, but if they'd have played Stanford the week after OU, that's a loss.
Pitt was after OU...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think ND is really overated.... I keep hearing that they didn't really start coming together until the last few games, but honestly, they played teams that didn't come to play... If ND had to play those teams again I know they'll come out of that with two loss. They have not faced a real good team like Alabama all year long, so THey have no idea what they are getting into. Even Texas A and M said that it was one of the toughest game they played all year round...

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Overrated, underrated, rated just right. None of it will matter come Monday night. On paper, we're a better team. But all they do is have to prove that they can be better than us for one game. I am, however, of the opinion (conviction even) that that won't happen.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
Yep, ND really came together in the last game against that mighty USC winning with one TD and five field goals against a team
that finishes 7-6 after losing to GT 21-7.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I think some of the nervous jitters are from so much media hype about how good they are whether it true or not, you start to believe they are a brick wall up front. I have watched a lot of their games this year and yes, their front 7 a very good but not impenetrable. The DB's seem to be the weak link and if their safeties pull up too close, they'll be looking at the back pocket of AC. The thought of Lou "spitter" Holtz admitting ND got beat by Bama does make me smile and relax.

12ROLL12TIDE12

1st Team
Aug 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
I just get nervous thinking about how perfectly everything is set up. Halfway through the season, I was almost cheering for Notre Dame (GASP) because I thought they were by far the worst team we could play for a national championship. I was watching the 30-for-30 on "The U" the other day where they highlighted the 1987 Fiesta Bowl for the NCS. Miami outgained PSU 445 - 162, but had SEVEN TURNOVERS and lost 14 - 10. I honestly believe the only way BAMA loses this game is if we have a nightmare type game with injuries, turnovers, etc... I am REALLY trying to just enjoy the moment since I am pretty sure I have no impact on this game. I want this one so bad though as it has been a long time coming.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
their D is a bit more talented than the MSU team we played couple years ago, but depth of the team is not quite there yet. As long as we take care of business and not make as many mistakes as we made during the SECCG, I'm not worried about their defense. Media is making them look a lot better than they actually are.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I turn on ESPN and I can't even think before I start hearing "Louis Nix III is gonna bring trouble to this Alabama Offensive line!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.