2013 schedule question

12ROLL12TIDE12

1st Team
Aug 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
True, that was when our RB's coughed it up pretty frequently. I think Ingram and Richardson have spoiled me for life with ball security. I am pretty sure Ingram's only fumbles were vs. UT in the Cody Blocked FG game and the damn barn in the game which I will not mention.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Why? As others have noted, we won both of them. Or maybe he's an LSU fan (knowing that Alabama has historically dominated LSU in Death Valley)?
Good question. To him it was just a matter of Bama having to play there two consecutive years. And he is a huge (300+lbs) Bama fan.

As for me, I never had a problem with it because Bama still played them home and away in '92 and '93. It was just away and home instead of home and away.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
These things happen when the league has to change schedules for some reason such as expansion. I don't think think the league office is out to get anyone. They have arranged the schedules so one division hosts rivalry games and the other hosts the rotation games. So Georgia has to go to the Ugliest Village on the Plains twice in a row.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'm not so sure this time.
Have to agree with this...

Given what has happened there since the 21 - ZEREAUX game a year ago, it seems their problems go beyond replacing talent, and include chemistry, discipline, etc...

That said, there was am epic meltdown in that sewer they call Tiger Droppings the other night whem one after another of their juniors was announcing that they're declaring for the NFL draft.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth was palpable.

Needless to say, I was crestfallen... :)

Have to agree with this...

Given what has happened there since the 21 - ZEREAUX game a year ago, it seems their problems go beyond replacing talent, and include chemistry, discipline, etc...

That said, there was am epic meltdown in that sewer they call Tiger Droppings the other night whem one after another of their juniors was announcing that they're declaring for the NFL draft.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth was palpable.

Needless to say, I was crestfallen... :)
Yeah, I don't see how they reload, especially on the defensive side. I was surprised when Simon went, to me that's a huge loss. Offense may be ok next season, but defense, wow!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
These things happen when the league has to change schedules for some reason such as expansion. I don't think think the league office is out to get anyone. They have arranged the schedules so one division hosts rivalry games and the other hosts the rotation games. So Georgia has to go to the Ugliest Village on the Plains twice in a row.
All it does is switch which year that you play where. Coach Bryant tried to do that himself with the Mississippi schools in the '80s. From 1980-1983, Bama played both of them in Jackson in the even years and both of them at home in the odd years. Then as now, the conference schedules were made out many years in advance, so when Coach Bryant tried to change that for 1984, Ole Miss was dropped from the schedule. When the series resumed in 1988, Bama played Ole Miss at home and played at MSU.

Last edited:

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
thought this was the best forum for this without starting a new one.

Did anyone see this tweet from Dennis Dodd about the 2014 schedule?

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs
Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
SEC teams able to "protect" one game on traditional date beginning in 2014. Get ready for Fla-Tenn in November? Ga-Auburn on Labor Day?
37 minutes ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this means? I would assume that it means the cross-divisional games, but he uses Fla-Tenn as an example.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Wonder what happens if 1 school wants to keep the date and another doesn't? Would kinda love if us and Tennessee agreed with the SEC we only play on the 3rd Saturday in October. I honestly don't care if we play AU the last week of the season. Heck, I really don't care if we play them every year. What does playing them do for us? They need us, not the other way around...

SEC teams able to "protect" one game on traditional date beginning in 2014. Get ready for Fla-Tenn in November? Ga-Auburn on Labor Day?
37 minutes ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this means? I would assume that it means the cross-divisional games, but he uses Fla-Tenn as an example.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

37 minutes ago

REC doing good work.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Wonder what happens if 1 school wants to keep the date and another doesn't? Would kinda love if us and Tennessee agreed with the SEC we only play on the 3rd Saturday in October. I honestly don't care if we play AU the last week of the season. Heck, I really don't care if we play them every year. What does playing them do for us? They need us, not the other way around...
Agree. If real discussions of this ever take place, it would be really interesting to view the reaction.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
2 weeks for both A&M and LSWho. Very favorable. B1GTide - I would love to play OSU and Urban. Warning - if Urban loses to us he may retire :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.