Kenny Bell playing in BCSCG is a game time decision

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Well, for starters, they're all hurting, practically every one. The question is how much the pain limits function. Nobody believes Bell won't be in pain. The question is whether or not the pain will limit him 5%, 10% in performance. It's really all about how much the pain affects performance. (I'm really just paraphrasing Coach Saban here.)
So, if I understand right -- then he's not in danger of injuring the leg further -- it's more about pain management, right? Or could he reinjure the same break by playing on it?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So, if I understand right -- then he's not in danger of injuring the leg further -- it's more about pain management, right? Or could he reinjure the same break by playing on it?
That would depend on the severity of the fracture. I'm no doctor (well I am but not that kind) but in my mind if they're even thinking about him playing it couldn't have been as severe an injury as I first thought. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a broken leg not meaning a season ending injury.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I understand the dual speed threat of Cooper and a healthy Bell.
But if Bell plays, I think the main question is whether he's close enough to 100% to force the defense to respect that speed. If so, his mere presence does pose a problem for the ND defense. If he's 80%? Maybe not so much.
Where's the break even point -- 80%? 90%? More? Less? That's what Saban gets paid $5M a year to decide.
I'm just glad we didn't need Bell. Now he has taken a Red Shirt year.
I know he's likely to leave early, but i'd much rather him continue to heal and
give us another great receiver for next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I believe that Bell was injured against Auburn - no redshirt. You are probably thinking of Black.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
He played in way too many games for a medical redshirt. I think you're thinking of Chris Black. Black's redshirt is still intact.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.