Link: ESPNW: Menu is Alabama nutritionist's playbook

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
There are very few leaves he leaves unturned. I have Cochran's 4th Quarter book and it is very detailed also.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Interesting behind-the-scenes details in there, and once again points to how detail oriented Coach Saban is.
I noted the part about the smoothie bar for the players...I'm a huge fan of smoothies and have one every day as it's a great way to get a huge dose of fruits and veggies. I'm sure ours isn't the only team that does this kind of thing but still neat that athletes have these types of things available to them to point them towards developing healthy eating habits.

Thanks for posting.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
I've read accounts of smoothie bars in other teams' weight rooms, but the attention to nutrition and diet details at Bama is second to none. I read an account of one recruit's parents who were uber-impressed on an official visit that Bragg was already aware that their son had an allergy to peanuts. I assume it wasn't a HIPAA violation. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Funny

But how does Bragg reconcile Saban's well-documented breakfast habit of dining on Little Debbie snack cakes?

"He is entitled to one vice," Bragg said. "He is incredibly disciplined with overall nutrition and eats balanced, heart-healthy meals. And it could be worse. At least Little Debbies has oats."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.