ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yes, this is true. However, my wife wanted me to tune into a chick play on APN (at least that's my assumption, since all her Facebook friends who were watching it were female). When I wasn't fast enough, she stomped off to the other end of the house to watch it there... :)
I sense a chance to make up. Not a bad way to conclude the night before a blood contest.

:wink:

Last edited:

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211
I love attention the domers are getting by the media, and love that players like Theo Riddick are downplaying our secondary and defense. That all helps CNS keep our guys focused on the game. I'd much rather it be this way than everybody saying ND has no chance.
my thoughts exactly. a talented group of guys with a slight chip on their shoulder is just what I want going into tomorrow's game.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yes, this is true. However, my wife wanted me to tune into a chick play on APN (at least that's my assumption, since all her Facebook friends who were watching it were female). When I wasn't fast enough, she stomped off to the other end of the house to watch it there... :)
I like the way you run your house, Earle. :)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: ESPN team has its marching orders...

Lord, they're laying on thick, and they're not very good actors...
I'm glad the announcers are pretty obviously praising ND...
Maybe our guys will make up for it by playing with a chip on their shoulders.
I want to see us play like we have something to prove.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

ESPN is just bad. Just watching their breakdowns. They wer talking about the UA aTm game. They first showed the play where Manziel gets sacked in the 4th qtr and was talking about how the UA defense was confusing him with the DB coverage. Now understand there was only 4.5 minutes left on the game clock in the 4th. Next the talking idiots go on and say how well he adjusted to it as he game went on and showed a play from the 1st qtr. Plain and simple the2nd half he was not good, but they are doing everything they can to make UA look not s good as advertised.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN

Welcome to my world, Earle.

The price I pay for having had upgraded the home theatre set-up to now include a 60" plasma - to watch Bama football, of course - is having to endure my g/f and her son's penchant for such shows.

I simply cannot abide them.

Unfortunately, I don't get ESPN up here in Canada - though tomorrow's game will be picked up by a Canadian cable sports channel...

I plan on DVR'g the game, but gather from what I'm seeing in this thread that I should probably not bother recording the 1/2 hour pre-game?
Since the pre-game is a separate show, you can always delete it if the ND lovefest is too much to stomach.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Welcome to my world, Earle.

The price I pay for having had upgraded the home theatre set-up to now include a 60" plasma - to watch Bama football, of course - is having to endure my g/f and her son's penchant for such shows.

I simply cannot abide them.

Unfortunately, I don't get ESPN up here in Canada - though tomorrow's game will be picked up by a Canadian cable sports channel...

I plan on DVR'g the game, but gather from what I'm seeing in this thread that I should probably not bother recording the 1/2 hour pre-game?
We have more TVs sticking around than I like to think of. Our big plasma which is in our living room and is tied into the home theater sound system seldom gets turned on. Here, in the study, where my primary computer lives, is really my primary watching area. The TV here is, looking at it, about a 50" Sony Bravia. The set out in the other end is a smaller Toshiba, but that's where the family cat hangs out, so I'm sure he loved having company for an hour and a half... :)

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010
Its funny how they keep comparing Gholson to Manziel when he compares more favorably to Michigans Robinson. Not a very accurate passer but can hurt you with his feet if the pocket collapses. The bad news for ND is that he is about the same passing as Robinson but not as good running.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I said this in another thread, I say it in the PF threads, and I'll say it here:

ESPN does their job if you go talk to your friends about them. Period. Marketing says that a happy customer will only tell a few people while an unhappy customer will tell about 14 people on average. Media outlets know this and accept that negative word of mouth produces more tuners than positive comments.

Herein lies 6 pages (so far) of ESPN doing their job. Or rather, we're doing it for them.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I get the impression that some of you have your tvs tuned now 24/7 to ESPN. Just turn the channel and don't watch it until 7pm tomorrow night. Problem solved.

Im not watching it at all.
Yep, I haven't watched ESPN since the USCe vs Michigan game.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world

I thought the "Experts" segment was good.It was better than the Road to the Bcs segments, which were ND infomercials. Jesse Palmer was defending Alabama as was Desmond. Say what you will Desmond knows his stuff and usually doesn't care who it offends. Even Lou Holtz was giving Bama props, though you could tell he didn't like it when everyone started pointing out Nd's weaknesses. I even laughed at a few of his jokes.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

The Bama show yesterday was more ND than Bama the ND show was ND. Ok I get it they went undefeated Teo lost the Heisman because ESPN wanted Deliverence Banjo Boy so they owe then.

Hurbie & Mark have been fair to Bama all year I can live with that & get what I expect from the others.

At least Fox is not carrrying it they missed showing a kick off because the sideline reporter had the Coach's attention. Guess the just had one camera.

Trust me after we win tonight all you are going to hear is how they knew it all along how good Bama was. Having the reporters salivating over the ND players is a good thing.

Can I get a Honey Badger! The best name in CFB to its a mauling folks.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I'm soaking up all the coverage...good bad indifferent...it's all good.

We spent too many years pre-Saban out of the national discussion, I'm loving being the center of attention.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

its in ESPNs best interest to hype up ND as much as possible. the game is on their channel and you have a 10 point underdog in this game. the event never lives up to the hype.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It'll be interesting to see how the coverage goes today. I posted the thread last night in disgust at the first five minutes or so. In retrospect, it's clear that they had been told to say everything good about Notre Dame possible in order to raise interest among people who may have assumed a guaranteed win for Bama...

tidegrandpa

All-American

Small price to pay, for me anyway, to get to watch Bama. I could listen to Hitler for an hour and a half, knowing Bama was coming on. With all their horse manure, I know theres a pony some where!! And Roll Tide Tonight..............RTR!!!!!!!:BigA::biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.