****Official Post Game Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
It's kind of ridiculous how obviously upset old Urban is over this. No matter, Bama put on an absolute clinic and left no doubt. It's almost unbelievable what our staff and players have been able to do. I'm so proud of this team!
He probably walked off out of sight afterward and had a few stomach spasms and 3 to 4 minutes of reflexive upchucking... for old times' sake. :biggrin:

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
was just thinking the same thing - very class act and didn't shy away from giving Bama all the credit.

I'll always hate ND, but I'm becoming a Kelly fan
Kelly has shown a lot of class and the ND players impressed me with their attitude. I don't think I can really pull for them in football, but I wish them the best in other endeavors.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
most proud i've been since the 92 team...completely unexpected (IMO) coming into the year. tremendous accomplishment in "BCS" time winning 3 in 4...really incredible. So glad I was the true title game in person (SECCG)

Domers will be good for a long time and Kelly is not only a class act but a great coach and recruiter.

now just need Lacy to the Steelers in first round :)

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
I'm on cloud nine...this run has been amazing and I'm looking forward to many more to come!

Normally I'm very gracious about such things, but I've had a UT fan in my ear at the gym for a month talking to me about how he's buying Irish gear and so forth. Needless to say I'm not letting him off the hook. I asked him if he'd like for me to look for some discount gear while I'm shopping for my national title gear.

ROLL TIDE!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
When will the Eli Gold broadcast be replayed? I didn't listen to him, but I would love to. Normally it's on Sundays...but I wonder when they will with the weekday.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
What a game. Excellence in every facet of the game. Notre Dame just wasn't ready. They were classy in defeat however. Hats off to them and their coach. I have a feeling they will continue to improve.

Urban Meyer - why did they invite him to the postgame analysis? I admit it was a bit rude for Pollack to talk dismissively of spread teams while Meyer was sitting right there. You could tell that ....ed him off, but there's a right and a wrong way to handle it. The right way would be to make a joke and laugh about it. The wrong way is to do what he did, which is to vent his own personal dislike of Saban (funny how easy it is to dislike someone when you can't beat them) and start bringing up the loss to A&M. Totally classless. Too bad his own team was ineligible to play for the title this year. Guess when you run away from the big boys, you have to settle for less.

I noticed something in watching interviews with players from Alabama and Notre Dame before the game. Several UA players said they came here specifically to play in games like this. On the other hand several ND players said that while they were certainly happy to be here, they never expected it to happen when they committed to play there. Seems like this may have had something to do with how things unfolded tonight. Bama's players wanted this a lot more, from the start of the season and all throughout the preparations.

Congratulations to Coach Saban, the seniors, all the players, and all of us. What a great time to be a fan of the Crimson Tide!

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Re-watching Urban Meyer's commentary. He looks very emotionally affected. I think by halftime he was looking for a way to bow out of having to talk about Bama and Saban. I LOOOOOOOOOVE that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.