Who was right, McCarron or Jones?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Golly gee, ya mean in a game where people are battling it out and multiple injuries occur and 250lb guys running a 4.5 try to hit someone as hard as they can that the big ole meanie 300lb'er shoved his qb and the qb didnt even fall down?
crime of the century!!!!!

Quite frankly it kept me from going to sleep by that time in the game.

ART

1st Team
Ok, I've read every post here and watched/listened to almost every interview with both players. I think everyone knows at this point why it happened. My question is did anyone else think what I did. I giggle every time I think about it. To me AJ's fit looked so much like CNS on the sidelines when something goes wrong. When it first happened it looked to me like he gave Barrett a pop on the bottom like coach gave him before. I was in SHOCK.

Last edited:

Alan22

Oct 6, 2012
Cocodrie, LA
I think the ref was wanting to throw a flag for unsportsmanlike, but then remembered they were on the same team.

Jones has two degrees and a 4.0. He also weighs over 300 pounds. I say he was right.
I LOL'ed at both of those lines. :biggrin:

AJ should have been kissing one of Barrett's 3 rings (or multiple trophies) for keeping his jersey
clean and his knees in tact instead of getting on him.
AJ also has 3 rings and multiple trophies...

He was red-shirted in 2009.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I LOL'ed at both of those lines. :biggrin:

AJ also has 3 rings and multiple trophies...

He was red-shirted in 2009.
Ring maybe, not so much on the trophies--Outland, Rimington, Campbell, multiple All-American selections, All SEC, etc etc

Last edited:

PalmBayBama

All-SEC
Oct 11, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Had it actually been about the snap count, I would say that Barrett was right. If a center forgets the snap count, most of the team will false start.

MasterGracey

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 24, 2011
Two things.

1) If Barrett was right as he says, he was really still wrong as he got a delay of game.

2) Fire up your DVR to our opening drive. Watch AJ after ND gets called for offsides. AJ thought BJ had moved and jumped him then, too. Seemed to be a little tense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.