****Official Burton Burns Appreciation Thread****

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012
Re: ****Official Burton Burns Appreciate Thread****

agree he's the best and fsu is starting to really annoy me. might be timed for them to be processed.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I love how he coaches 'em up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'll be very surprised if he takes the FSU job, because he's been wanting to slow down, not take a new challenge. However, who knows?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

So am I. I just read where Walker decommitted and is about to enroll at FSU. They've been poaching off us since Fisher took over.
The Pruitt departure was not as smooth as advertised. This may be a bridge-burner...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

The Pruitt departure was not as smooth as advertised. This may be a bridge-burner...
I know I am not anyone that matters to the Bama football program....but it burned my bridge especially with the DW scenario and CJP. I cant believe they would even hire CJP as the DC, as he is the least experienced guy on the Bama staff, but has been a good recruiter. Even with a higher position, it seems CJP threw not only his alma mater and Defensive mentor under the bus to take the short ride with CJF and FSU....I wonder how long it will take Jimbo to throw Jeremy under the bus when this experiment does not work out.....I can see Jimbo, Jeremy, and Sal...all looking for jobs in a couple years or less and I wonder who they will be calling first. And if I was CNS I would not even answer their call.........

CrimsonDollar

1st Team
Apr 9, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Other than coach Saban himself I don't think there is a coach on our staff that does a better job at his assigned responsibility. I am not one of those LB U or RB U or whatever position U thinkers, but he has certainly made our program the first look for every great RB recruit.
Scott Cochrane(sp?) deserves a shoutout. He has done a FANTASTIC job, including RB strength development.

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

I heatd that as well. Always like to see coaches improve themselves & so does CNS. A lot of folks are getting tired of Jimbo, and there are a lot & I mean a lot that are still not to happy about they way Bowden was handled. Just remember Bobby raise a lot of money for that school.
They are not as good at FSU of developing talent.

Now, Coach Burns he is the Best just ask Mark Ingram.

He stays, we pay, all appreciate him.

BTW, Urban Meyer was really pushing the get Bama coaches on ESPN with asking how do you not hire one of these coaches.

I heatd that as well. Always like to see coaches improve themselves & so does CNS. A lot of folks are getting tired of Jimbo, and there are a lot & I mean a lot that are still not to happy about they way Bowden was handled. Just remember Bobby raise a lot of money for that school.
They are not as good at FSU of developing talent.

Now, Coach Burns he is the Best just ask Mark Ingram.

He stays, we pay, all appreciate him.

BTW, Urban Meyer was really pushing the get Bama coaches on ESPN with asking how do you not hire one of these coaches.
Yeah, I saw something online where CNS is not pleased with what CJF is doing. Something seems up with everything going on at FSU.

As if I didn't like FSU enough already.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know I am not anyone that matters to the Bama football program....but it burned my bridge especially with the DW scenario and CJP. I cant believe they would even hire CJP as the DC, as he is the least experienced guy on the Bama staff, but has been a good recruiter. Even with a higher position, it seems CJP threw not only his alma mater and Defensive mentor under the bus to take the short ride with CJF and FSU....I wonder how long it will take Jimbo to throw Jeremy under the bus when this experiment does not work out.....I can see Jimbo, Jeremy, and Sal...all looking for jobs in a couple years or less and I wonder who they will be calling first. And if I was CNS I would not even answer their call.........
Am I missing something? Where did CJP throw Bama or Saban under the bus in the process of a promotion? Why do you think he is destined to fail at FSU? You said it the Walker recruiting thread, too. Stoops did such a poor job at FSU that he got the Kentucky head coaching job. To fail at FSU, Pruitt will have to do a horrendous job. That defense has a ridiculous amount of talent. Plus, they play in the ACC. Right now, the ACC is FSU and Clemson followed by everyone else.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Didn't many believe Lance Thompson to have done the same? Would you consider this (Pruitt) worse?
As bad, anyway. However, the fact that Coach and Lance could make up would tend to tell me that, if Kirby moves on, we'd see CJP back.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Coach Burns is a wonderful coach and an even better man. He just can't leave! I've gotten to know him and I'd be losing a friend. :(

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.