JessN: BCS wrap-up: Alabama, not Notre Dame, wakes up the echoes of past domination

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
BCS wrap-up: Alabama, not Notre Dame, wakes up the echoes of past domination
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
January 8th, 2013 05:01 AM

As media pundits across the country – not to mention a few of Notre Dame’s own players – tried to figure out exactly where it all went wrong, Alabama fans Monday night were in the throes of yet another championship celebration, equally oblivious to the historic [...]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Great article, Jess. I'm stunned, amazed, and very thankful to be watching this era of Alabama football and a coach that has surpassed Wallace Wade and could one day rival Coach Bryant. We as Bama fans are very fortunate. Roll Tide Roll!!!

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
A good read. I'm one of those Alabama fans who was afraid I'd never again see the greatness I cut my football teeth on as a child in the '70's. I admit, I shed a few tears last night as I realized, not only am I witnessing it, but my children are now cutting their football teeth on it. I feel so blessed that something I truly love has once again been elevated to such heights of excellence! Roll Tide!

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
As one who attended the Capstone during Coach Bryant's last title run, I am so pleased that my son is at Bama to witness this period of dominance. What a magical time for the BamaNation.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Like everyone other Alabama fan my age I feel like Coach Saban has made a checklist of all of my disappointments. Checking this one off was by far the most satisfying.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Great read. Bama had a similar chance in the early 70's (71 73 and 74) except for 3 bowl losses and 2 of them to ND. It was great in the 70s but I think it is even more fun now as I appreciate it more having gone through some down years.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Great read Mr. Editor!
What I witnessed last night was Notre Dame's "1973". The shock and disbelief on their post-game faces was identical to the one I wore as a young teenager. RTR!

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
I too was at Alabama in the 70s and felt the sheer dominance we had then as well as the disappointment of losing to ND. I've hated them ever since. The biggest thrill for me was having my son experience firsthand the same glory of Bama coming back and what I never saw, the thrill of beating ND.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.