Link: Barrett Jones interview on Mike and Mike

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Yeah, he always does a great interview. I wonder who will step up now as the "go to" guy for interviews.

Both he and Greg were definitely perfect for it. Maybe AJ will be more of a spokesperson this coming year, to help his draft?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Could you give us an update on Mike & Mike's reaction to the game? I like their show pretty well, but I heard that they were both heavy for ND (Golic is certainly understandable).

He was very respectful of Alabama. He gave us complete credit, no excuses. He also talked about his emotions with his sons playing in their last game. I really enjoyed the whole show, Rece Davis was on the whole time.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I watched Mike & Mike this morning and to me Golic wasn't as happy as he was yesterday. He mentioned that his sons have played football together since middle school and that was there last game together. I get the sense he felt bad for his sons.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
He was very respectful of Alabama. He gave us complete credit, no excuses.
That's good to hear. Maybe he can give lessons on humility and honesty, to the rest of their talking heads.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Barrett won them over with the first thing he said.

Golic listed Barrett's achievements and was very complimentary...

Barrett opened by saying I need to hire you to to give me an introduction like that all the time...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I thought this was a really good interview with Barrett Jones this morning on Mike and Mike. He has some funny comments about AJ but you can tell is very respectful to Mike Golic calling him "Mr. Golic." Man I'm gonna miss him.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8824168
I`ve watched and been a fan of Alabama football since 1958. We`ve had great offensive linemen through those years, and we all know who they were/are. For me, when you look at the Total package (scholarship, athletic ability, personality, just his apparent persona), Barrett`s the best I`ve ever seen. I don`t know that another of his like will ever pass this way again. I certainly don`t expect to see it my lifetime.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yeah, he always does a great interview. I wonder who will step up now as the "go to" guy for interviews.

Both he and Greg were definitely perfect for it. Maybe AJ will be more of a spokesperson this coming year, to help his draft?
A new leader will emerge......CK maybe. Perhaps Norwood.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.