Notre Dame's Defensive Coaches Saw an Indecisive McCarron on Film

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last night, Rece Davis commented that the ND coaches said they AJ as indecisive from watching his film. One question to that - what games did they watch? One comment to that - he's only indecisive about which national championship ring to wear.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I heard that also and it baffled me. He did have two, maybe three, indecisive games but that was only because the WRs were covered by some good defenders and he does not want to throw an interception. Not the case last night.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I think that was wishful thinking on ND's part--or an excuse for not being prepared. I am also curious as to what games they saw. An indecisive AJ is something I certainly missed this year! Peace Out, Irish!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Last night, Rece Davis commented that the ND coaches said they AJ as indecisive from watching his film. One question to that - what games did they watch? One comment to that - he's only indecisive about which national championship ring to wear.
I understand he has difficulty deciding which shoes to wear.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think that was wishful thinking on ND's part--or an excuse for not being prepared. I am also curious as to what games they saw. An indecisive AJ is something I certainly missed this year! Peace Out, Irish!

or maybe they fell into the same trap as the pundits did all year, so focused on finding a weakness that when they did, they mistakenly saw that as the norm. classic confirmation bias :)

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
He had a hard time deciding which open WR to hit. One the long TD to Cooper he had Norwood open as well.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think this gets into the different types of evaluating you can do about a player. If this was an NFL guy calling AJ that, I could get it. The problem is, that Notre Dame didn't have an NFL defense.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
or maybe they fell into the same trap as the pundits did all year, so focused on finding a weakness that when they did, they mistakenly saw that as the norm. classic confirmation bias :)
BINGO!!!!

Leading up to the game I had some friends telling me McCarron wasn't that good and did exactly what you're saying. They cherry picked a few isolated points in the season, magnified them to bigger than life and used that to come to their conclusion. Only to be severely disappointed last night. I can't wait to see them this weekend. I'm sure the excuses will abound but I think they know they're dead wrong about AJ.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.