Urban Meyer's comments in the latter part of the post game BCS Championship Show

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
What am I missing?:conf2:
That he tucked tail and ran when the tide turned leaving the Florida players and assistant coaches holding the rope while using his health and family as a thin excuse to cover up the fact that he couldn't hack it when he had some strong competition. He followed that by not taking much time to prove he was lying about the family part of his excuse.

Meanwhile years later our coach is still called Satan & a liar for one comment that he was cornered into making.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I have a feeling CNS will put UM back in his place in a couple of season. You watch and see when he's weaving baskets in the funny farm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I would like to remind coach that a very pedestrian Auburn defense--which was statistically one of the worst in program history--held that high powered Oregon offense to less than 20 points.

What does he think they could possibly accomplish against the ferocity of a REAL SEC defense?

My answer: Look what LSU did to'em last season.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Some of these opinions I'm reading seem very prejudiced by people that developed a hatred for Urban Meyer when he was beating Alabama. I hate losing to Florida, but this is character assassination for no good reason.
He was overall 2-3 versus Bama. 1-1 against Shula, 1-2 against Saban. 2005 through 2010.

Dead wrong regarding character assassination.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
He was overall 2-3 versus Bama. 1-1 against Shula, 1-2 against Saban. 2005 through 2010.

Dead wrong regarding character assassination.
Liar, fool, jerk, implied cowardice among other things are character assassination IMO. I'm not a lawyer; maybe I'm using the wrong term.

While he has a losing record to Bama, the fact remains that every one of those games was a big game. All were televised nationally and while Meyer was at Florida, the Gators were the Tide's most serious competitor in the SEC.

I also choose to give Nick Saban the benefit of the doubt. A man should be able to change his mind without being called a liar.

I'm done with the thread. We're on the same side and have a great victory to celebrate. I do respect and understand your opinion and that of others. I have serious doubts about Meyer, but my nature is to assume the best in people until they prove otherwise.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I would like to remind coach that a very pedestrian Auburn defense--which was statistically one of the worst in program history--held that high powered Oregon offense to less than 20 points.

What does he think they could possibly accomplish against the ferocity of a REAL SEC defense?

My answer: Look what LSU did to'em last season.
Exactly. If Oregon wants a shot at us or another chance in the BCSCG they might try NOT LOSING in that dumpster fire of a conference they play in. They screwed up their chance two years ago against the weakest team and defense of the SECs seven winners and then turned around and got manhandled by LSU last year. And then they can't get by Stanford, the only team in their ridiculous conference that even remotely resembles a real (SEC) football team.

And Urban...congrats to him for scraping by in that pitiful conference he ended up in with a team that would've managed a competitive game with...the domers for Midwest champs if tOSU were eligible. A typical Urban QB-centric team to save his butt on numerous occasions this season. If he can build his team to be able to compete with the likes of us and the best of the SEC, something that he was failing at when he bailed on UF once his boy Timmie was gone, then fine. He may be able to win in the B1G year in and year out without losing his nerve, but we'll just have to see if he can manage his nerves under the pressure of winning on the national stage against the likes of us and the best of the SEC on an ongoing basis without a Tebow there to save him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

HoundstoothHigh

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 13, 2009
Perdido Beach, Al
I was actually sent over the edge when-- after destroying ND-- Urban Meyer felt the need to bring up the Texas A&M loss. Like....really, bro? We just won the National Championship, and you couldn't think of anything more clever to discuss than our one loss?

Weak sauce.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
UM is one lucky dog, his OSU is playing in a weak BiG right now. I'd like to see us play instead of VA Tech and wipe up the floor with the Bucks. See how soon it takes for UM to check himself into the Funny Farm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.