Question: Any idea on the Crowd split at the game?

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
I sat with the guy above me in section 407, row 22 (where were you?) and saw pretty much the same numbers 60/40 as everyone else here. I'd say that while a few guys had big mouths, the VAST majority of ND fans were a classy group, especially outside after the game.

That's funny because we were in row 24 seats 5&6, you might be in some of my video from the game. LOL. There was one ND couple behind me and the guy had a big mouth at first but by halftime he was just asking the Gods to at least make the score respectable. Believe it or not I actually felt sorry for him by the time the game ended!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
We were in Section 210. We also got there really early and walked all around the stadium before the game. I'd say at least 60/40 in ND's favor. Sat with some ND fans from Pa. Nice, knowledgeable fans. Left right after half time. Can't say I blame them, really. After our first drive he said, "This could get ugly." Richardson was in a skybox behind us for a bit. Dodgers pitcher Chad Billingsley sat on our row. Big ND fan.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We parked just after 12 in orange lot 2 very close to staduim. The n.d. fans were very loud and yelling but most stayed in groups and were talking lots of trash. Inside they were rude and very full of themself. This was as bad I as I have ever seen at a bowl game. I have been to every bama bowl game since 04. After the game they were trashing the parking lots, breaking bottles, throwning coolers. We stayed about hr and half after game was over. It was pretty sad they were that mad. I think outside it was 75-25 and inside about 60-40 domers.
We were parked in Maroon parking less than 100 feet from gate D and after the game the ND fans coming out were kicking and throwing anything in the parking lot. While waiting I saw one drunk ND fan kick a beer bottle right into the side of a car. in fairness, a drunk BAMA fan was out there too trying to pick a fight talking trash to anyone that passed.

NJRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2009
We didn't encounter any bad ND fans but Bama blew their doors off so quick they really didn't have any time to get obnoxious. We were in 401, row 5. The LSU fan base last year was the worst I have ever been around. And last year it wasn't just a select few, they were god-awful people.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
60/40 is about right. Many more obnoxious Bama fans, my buddies included, than ND fans that I saw.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
There were plenty of great Notre Dame fans...we were tailgating next to some that were pretty nice. Some annoying ones too. More than one of them yelled "Tigerbait" at us. Tigerbait? We beat LSU and creamed Auburn...and beat Missouri too for that matter. If they were going to do something like that, they should have at least known enough to yell "Gig Em" or whatever Texas A&M's cheer is.

But you've gotta respect any Notre Dame fan that stayed until the end. And there were definitely some that did.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Who was Charles Barkley pulling for?
LOL - A few good Chuck stories, as my wife and I sat directly in front of him and talked throughout the game.

Each Bama score, I would turn around and say - "Hey Charles, I've got an extra shaker for you if you want one".. he'd just stare at me with a little grin and look like "you got to be kidding me"... it was good natured fun and he knew it.

He told me at one point that he wasn't going to hate on Bama and he gave us credit for playing at such a high level. He did say "If you guys were playing Afghanistan, I'd have to pull for Afghanistan." hahahahahah

When we went up 35-0 in the third period, I turned to see his reaction and he said, "You guys are Awesome"...

He was very cordial to the dozens of fans and obliged them all with photos and small talk.... seemed to be having a good time and stayed the entire game.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I agree with the folks who say 60% ND fans in the stadium. They were very loud in pre-game, but got quieter every time the good guys scored. By early third quarter, it was almost silent when Bama offense was on the field.

There were a sprinkling of ND fans in our section (404). By mid 3rd quarter they were not only quiet - they had stopped standing up to see when everyone else did.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
LOL - A few good Chuck stories, as my wife and I sat directly in front of him and talked throughout the game.

Each Bama score, I would turn around and say - "Hey Charles, I've got an extra shaker for you if you want one".. he'd just stare at me with a little grin and look like "you got to be kidding me"... it was good natured fun and he knew it.

He told me at one point that he wasn't going to hate on Bama and he gave us credit for playing at such a high level. He did say "If you guys were playing Afghanistan, I'd have to pull for Afghanistan." hahahahahah

When we went up 35-0 in the third period, I turned to see his reaction and he said, "You guys are Awesome"...

He was very cordial to the dozens of fans and obliged them all with photos and small talk.... seemed to be having a good time and stayed the entire game.

Too funny. You were actually in one of my pics too. :)
I would have shouted out to you had I known.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.