Question: Any idea on the Crowd split at the game?

4thGenBamaGrad

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Boca Raton, FL
If you go by the amount of fans left in the stadium immediately after the game ended, then we had about 30% of the attendance, with the rest Notre Dame fans and corporate (non-affiliated) ticket holders.

I will say this--they were considerably louder than us pre-game--probably a combination of their 25 years of pent-up energy and a 60-40 split.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I was in section 118 on our side of the field and was severely outnumbered by ND fans.Id say 65 35 ND is accurate.The ND fans I sat by we're good people.The Bama fans behind me were actually from Philly.

randytidmore

Sep 26, 2008
I was there and it was 60/40, great fans very appreciative, talked to bunches of them and got no sense of entitlement. I feel like they were impressed with us.

We were in section 413 which was 95% Bama fans. Most of the Domers around us were very quite and nice but a couple acted out and started yelling a Bama people. One even told this nice lady sitting next to me she that should just go home to here trailer....for no apparent reason! The lady never said a word to him. Then we looked a few rows down and this Domer guy in his mid 20's was screaming (veins popping out his neck, red faced, etc etc) at a couple Bama fans...dont know why....and about that time all the Bama fans around him started chanting RUDY, RUDY, RUDY...it was pretty funny. He finally turned around and shut up :wink:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We were in Section 453 -- not good seats, but we were there. It was near the split of the two sections, so there were a lot of ND fans nearby.

Had no problem with any of them. They were loudly supporting their team before kickoff, but heard no smack, just them cheering for their team. Got quieter as we marched on them in the first quarter, and were stunned from the first play of the 2nd quarter on. Most stuck around for the whole game, and were congratulatory and sportsmanlike on their exit at the end. They didn't stay for the presentation of the trophy, but I wouldn't if I had been in their shoes either.

Saw only one person wearing an obnoxious shirt -- the Catholics vs. Cousins one.

Did see a heavy majority of ND fans outside the stadium...easily 65-35. But I'm told that a lot of ND fans came without tickets, with no intention of actually attending the game. Inside the stadium, I would have said a slight ND advantage. Maybe 55-45 / 60-40 ND.

Just my observations.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
60-65 percent ND... They were much louder during pre-game and as the teams took the field. I know every fan base has its idiots but ND was about the most arrogant I have ever seen. Saw the catholics vs cousins shirt, an F BAMA shirt and several trailer trash shirts. Would have thought we were playing AU with how many times I heard War Eagle. One lady told me the only reason we won is the PAC 12 refs hate ND and we were allowed to hold all game.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I would say 60/40 is probably pretty close. I was glad that it was only that bad because walking around town the days before the game is was about 90-10 domers and I'm not exaggerating. I guess the Bama fans were staying in Ft. Lauderdale.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.