Overwhelmed? I am.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
As a seasoned Bama fan, Coach Saban has overwhelmed my football senses. A NC is one thing but 3 in 4 has left me feeling like it will take a few weeks for this to sink in, to truly understand what this program has accomplished might take some time. The embarrassment of Notre Dame in itself has lifted a decades long inferiority complex and it was like a piece of cake. Coach Saban is a coaching genius no doubt, he has overwhelmed Alabama fans, hard to do.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
As a seasoned Bama fan, Coach Saban has overwhelmed my football senses. A NC is one thing but 3 in 4 has left me feeling like it will take a few weeks for this to sink in, to truly understand what this program has accomplished might take some time. The embarrassment of Notre Dame in itself has lifted a decades long inferiority complex and it was like a piece of cake. Coach Saban is a coaching genius no doubt, he has overwhelmed Alabama fans, hard to do.
^^^This. Yes!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Coach Saban resurrected a "Sleeping Giant" when he came to Alabama. The bad years were so bad, but these good years have been outstanding. I was totally depressed during Alabama's Medieval History: DuBose, Probation, Price, Fran, etc. This is their/our Renaissance!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
P. S. If I croaked today, I would die a very Happy Bama Man. It just does not get any better than this. Awesome!

Thank you Coach Saban, Crimson Tide players, assistant coaches, Mal Moore, Dr. Witt, and the entire state of Alabama that supports the University of Alabama except that area in West Georgia where the Barn is located. However, looks like in the past four years only the state of Alabama knows how to play real football.

I'm not gloating and I know nothing last forever, but this is just AWESOME! It is just great to be alive during this period after living throughout the reign of one Coach Paul W. Bryant and Gene Stallings and now Coach Saban. If I had the vocabulary to express something better than AWESOME, then I would!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
If Saban continues like this, they will end up adding his name to the stadium, or finally rebuilding the stadium (to make it the loudest possible). Who know?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We are a very spoiled fan base for sure. Alabama may have to add a Saban wing to the Bryant Museum.

We may need one. :)

How much space is by his statue for championship years? Lol.

Amazing that the "2011" is still so fresh and we are adding a "2012" now.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Nick Saban: 68-13 (83.9%) - Heisman Winner - 2 SEC Championships - 3 National Championships.

Nick Saban has accomplished this in only 6 years.

- In the last 5 years Alabama has only lost 7 games.
- Alabama is averaging 11 wins a season over the last 6 seasons.
- Saban is 14-5 against our 3 big rivals. Tennessee (6-0) - Auburn (4-2) - LSU (4-3)

Alabama has come a long way in the last 6 years and it is overwhelming. In Saban's time at Alabama he has beat Michigan, Penn State, Texas and Notre Dame; 4 of the most storied programs in history and two of them were beat in the National Title Game. Alabama has cemented itself as the top dog in the college football world once again, when just 7 years ago there was nothing but doubt surrounding the program.

I can't thank Nick Saban enough for what he has done for this program and college football in general.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We are a very spoiled fan base for sure. Alabama may have to add a Saban wing to the Bryant Museum.
We may need to have a separate building for the Saban Museum. Where are we going to house all these trophies? There is Bryant-Denny Stadium, Bryant Museum, Paul W. Bryant Drive. What can we do to add an avenue, etc. named after Coach Saban? Hopefully, we won't have to wait until he croaks. There is an athletic building named for Coach Moore. Where do we go from here? Maybe a Wade, Thomas, Bryant, Stallings, Saban, (TBA for the future) Museum.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
It was surreal being at the game. Incredible experience! I tried to soak in every second of it. It's one of those moments in life that I wanted a pause button. I just didn't want the night to end.

TheSabanator

Suspended
Oct 1, 2011
Birmingham,Alabama
Overwhelmed and happy here.

Last edited:

Harold Howard

Suspended
Jan 9, 2013
Nick Saban: 68-13 (83.9%) - Heisman Winner - 2 SEC Championships - 3 National Championships.

Nick Saban has accomplished this in only 6 years.

- In the last 5 years Alabama has only lost 7 games.
- Alabama is averaging 11 wins a season over the last 6 seasons.
- Saban is 14-5 against our 3 big rivals. Tennessee (6-0) - Auburn (4-2) - LSU (4-3)

Alabama has come a long way in the last 6 years and it is overwhelming. In Saban's time at Alabama he has beat Michigan, Penn State, Texas and Notre Dame; 4 of the most storied programs in history and two of them were beat in the National Title Game. Alabama has cemented itself as the top dog in the college football world once again, when just 7 years ago there was nothing but doubt surrounding the program.

I can't thank Nick Saban enough for what he has done for this program and college football in general.
Great post. It's amazing that in the five games that we played against those 4 storied programs the combined score was 147 - 63. That's total domination.

I'd like to add Oklahoma, Oregon (so we can silence all that chatter about how competitive they would have been etc.) and Ohio State to that list over the next couple of years.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Great post. It's amazing that in the five games that we played against those 4 storied programs the combined score was 147 - 63. That's total domination.

I'd like to add Oklahoma, Oregon (so we can silence all that chatter about how competitive they would have been etc.) and Ohio State to that list over the next couple of years.
Wow, that is incredible. Running and stopping the run is a major factor in that scoring statistic. And I agree Oklahoma, Oregon and Ohio State would be great victims for the Tide. The two big fishes I want are Ohio State and the USC Trojans.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Nick Saban has now silenced all the major villains from Alabama's football past.

1. Fulmer? Sent packing.
2. Tubs? In the coaching wilderness.
3. Texas? 37-21
4. Michigan? Series even at 2-2
5. Notre Dame? Just another program with a pedigree.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To the OP - great thread idea. Some day you guys will look back on these years in awe. Standing on the outside, I am already in awe.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
P. S. If I croaked today, I would die a very Happy Bama Man. It just does not get any better than this. Awesome!

Thank you Coach Saban, Crimson Tide players, assistant coaches, Mal Moore, Dr. Witt, and the entire state of Alabama that supports the University of Alabama except that area in West Georgia where the Barn is located. However, looks like in the past four years only the state of Alabama knows how to play real football.

I'm not gloating and I know nothing last forever, but this is just AWESOME! It is just great to be alive during this period after living throughout the reign of one Coach Paul W. Bryant and Gene Stallings and now Coach Saban. If I had the vocabulary to express something better than AWESOME, then I would!
^^^^^ this. I know exactly how you feel. I was at the Capstone in 1978 & 1979 during the back to back years under Coach Bryant. This is as good as those years were. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that those years would return again.

My fiance is fairly new to loving Bama football and I'm so happy for her that she's getting to experience this with me. It's impossible to explain to anyone who wasn't there what is was like under the Bear, but this is just been an amazing run. If Coach Saban retired today I'd just thank him for the experience and wish him nothing but wonderful things for the rest of his life. He, and his teams, have given me so much happiness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.