Nick Saban to be on Mike & Mike momentarily

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Don't visit ITAT very often but periodically drop in just to view, never post. One of the threads is titled "MIKE & MIKE RIPPING SABAN" or something along that line. The following is a post I read from one of the delusional paranoid barners;
------------------------------
He has sold his soul to the REC.

He has control, but he doesn't have control.

Seriously, we all talk about Saban as this control freak, and he is, but do you think for a minute that he isn't controlled by the REC? They will do everything in their power to keep Bama great, but imagine how it must be to have these people control you? They do.

Are they REALLY that obsessed? Do they REALLY think there is a REC? Is there anyone among them rational?

JEEZ!

RTR!!!

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I do want to keep one thing in mind - Greeny is just a radio host. Regardless of why he's asking those questions (to increase listeners/viewers to his show, or otherwise), I more think Greeny doesn't have the mindset that CNS comes from, and to be honest, not many press/media-types do. I didn't say all, just many of those that are on ESPN/major news media-types.

CNS has repeatedly explained why he is the way he is - it was instilled in him by his parents. CNS is also someone that must be doing something, he gets his "rest" from doing things (opposite of me, but I digress). But, because that is considered "bad" these days, he gets a bad rap unfortunately.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Don't visit ITAT very often but periodically drop in just to view, never post. One of the threads is titled "MIKE & MIKE RIPPING SABAN" or something along that line. The following is a post I read from one of the delusional paranoid barners;

Seriously, we all talk about Saban as this control freak, and he is, but do you think for a minute that he isn't controlled by the REC? They will do everything in their power to keep Bama great, but imagine how it must be to have these people control you? They do.

Are they REALLY that obsessed? Do they REALLY think there is a REC? Is there anyone among them rational?

JEEZ!

RTR!!!
REC = Knights Templar :cool:

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Don't visit ITAT very often but periodically drop in just to view, never post. One of the threads is titled "MIKE & MIKE RIPPING SABAN" or something along that line. The following is a post I read from one of
----:cool2::cool2::cool2:
the delusional paranoid barners;

----------------------------------

JEEZ!

RTR!!!

SHHHHHHH..... First rule of Red Elephant Club - "Don't talk about Red Elephant Club".

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
I watch the MIKE&mike show once and a while. grenberg got on my wrong side back when Coach Saban left Miami to come to the Capstone. He supposedly is a Jets fan in a big way, which should lend himself to not be a particularly big fan of the Dolphins. But he had a hissy fit on the show, declaring that he hoped Alabama and Nick Saban never won another ballgame after this deception. He went on and on and on some more about that for a while. Not a fan of his, greenberg, to say the least.:rolleyes:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't understand why the media gets their collective drawers in a wad about anyone not being completely honest with them.

They have betrayed the public's trust time and time again themselves.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I watch the MIKE&mike show once and a while. grenberg got on my wrong side back when Coach Saban left Miami to come to the Capstone. He supposedly is a Jets fan in a big way, which should lend himself to not be a particularly big fan of the Dolphins. But he had a hissy fit on the show, declaring that he hoped Alabama and Nick Saban never won another ballgame after this deception. He went on and on and on some more about that for a while. Not a fan of his, greenberg, to say the least.:rolleyes:
Greenie, like a lot of sports media guys, had been calling the prospect of CNS leaving the NFL to coach at Bama "ridiculous" (or worse). And, saying that Bama was wasting their time and embarassing themselves by pursuing him. When he left, it made them look stupid and a lot of them were ticked off. They took it personally.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Greenie, like a lot of sports media guys, had been calling the prospect of CNS leaving the NFL to coach at Bama "ridiculous" (or worse). And, saying that Bama was wasting their time and embarassing themselves by pursuing him. When he left, it made them look stupid and a lot of them were ticked off. They took it personally.

And I took what he was spewing personally. I guess Mike Golic is alright. mike greenberg, not so much......

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It's always hard to say with these talking head types, whether they are saying things that are truly their personal opinions or just questions they think others want to hear answered and/or trying to stir controversy and therefore ratings. Like many in the private sector, I know folks just like CNS. I was once working a very difficult project, away from my family, high pressure, at 3 a.m. We finally found the solution to the problem. I just wanted to call it a night and get some sleep. My co-worker couldn't believe I was leaving. He just keeping looking at the piece of paper and finally told me "If they didn't pay me, I'd do this [stuff] for free." He meant it, too. Talked to someone at an investment bank this summer. He worked every weekday, mostly from about 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m., and part of most Saturdays. I suggested that I knew he was well-paid, but that if he worked it out per hour, it might not look so good. He told me, "You know, you'd be right, if I thought of this as work. I look at it like I'm getting paid to have fun."

I consider people who have found a way in life to feed their families and feel like they are getting away with something because some one pays them to do it very lucky. And I don't care if they are lawyers (like mentioned above), or investment bankers, or teachers (hats off Chatt), head football coaches, or working downstairs at Jiffy Lube.... Good for them. And darned if I'll criticize them for it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.