Poll: "Second Biggest Winner", SEC Football 2012

Who (after Bama) was the SEC's biggest winner for the 2012 CFB season?

• Total voters

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Who was the SEC’s second biggest winner (after Bama, of course) for the 2012 CFB season? Why?

Rant, rave, and pontificate – all is fair in war and the internet.

Last edited:

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
I went with Florida because I think this year erased the Urban hangover despite the Lville bowl bloodbath. recruiting is back, 10+ wins are back, and if he can develop an offense an SEC title game appearance will be back

aTm would be my 2nd choice...DD wins and a Heisman in year #1 ain't too shabby

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I picked Texas A&M but honestly think the biggest winner in the SEC was Mark Ritch. He has secured his job in Athens for another ten years and probably will start to reclaim some of those highly sought after Georgia recruits. Texas A&Ms recruiting will also skyrocket with Johnny Football and being a part of the SEC.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I picked Texas A&M but honestly think the biggest winner in the SEC was Mark Ritch. He has secured his job in Athens for another ten years and probably will start to reclaim some of those highly sought after Georgia recruits. Texas A&Ms recruiting will also skyrocket with Johnny Football and being a part of the SEC.
the funny and ironic thing is that if mark richt was the second biggest winner, then uga may be in contention for the biggest loser ;)

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
There's still plenty of heat out there about Richt and not clocking the ball and not winning big games. One mediocre season and his seat is very hot again, IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
I could have easily voted for TAMU or Vanderbilt, but I think the Rebels gained the most confidence from the beginning of the season until the end. They ended the three game losing skid to in state rival MSU and was 3 minutes away from defeating TAMU(30-27)--a game they should have won. They played us better than any other SEC team other than Ga,LSU, & of course TAMU. Considering they were picked to finish near last in the conference & with such a young team with a new head coach that whipped Pitt in their bowl game-I gave them a slight edge.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I picked Georgia just because I felt like they got some national respect for the SECCG. I know Johnny Football got a lot of hype and basically won the Heisman based on his game vs us but Manziel himself wasn't an option.

Heading into 2013 I think A&M might struggle with the spot light on them whereas Georgia will be a real contender and may well dominate the East on their way to Atlanta. Georgia is going to be one hungry team next season and they could well win the BCSCG.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
aTm began the season as a question mark and ended it as a legit top 5 program. Now comes the difficult part in maintaining this same success.

Ole Miss and Vandy showed considerable improvement as well but nothing like the Aggies. IMO

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think TAMU is a runaway choice for second biggest winner.
TAMU, Like Missouri was projected to have a middling year and be pushed around by other SEC teams. Missouri lived down to their projection.

TAMU, their 'New Coach Sumerlin, and a Freshman sensation QB overachieved the first part of the season, then a now seasoned 'Johnny Football' took the season on his back
and they had a phenomenal season.
Out of nowhere 'Johnny Football' outclassed other Heisman candidates and brought the Heisman to College Station.
To conclude their season TAMU pounded Oklahoma in their Bowl game.

TAMU STEPPED OUT OF THE SHADOW OF THE 'LONGHORNS' TO OWN THE STATE OF TEXAS...
(Big Story)

Lastly... TAMU beat us in Tuscaloosa. We played poorly, they played well.
Beating Alabama was something no one else accomplished.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.