Poll: "Second Biggest Winner", SEC Football 2012

Who (after Bama) was the SEC's biggest winner for the 2012 CFB season?

• Total voters

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I picked Georgia just because I felt like they got some national respect for the SECCG. I know Johnny Football got a lot of hype and basically won the Heisman based on his game vs us but Manziel himself wasn't an option.

Heading into 2013 I think A&M might struggle with the spot light on them whereas Georgia will be a real contender and may well dominate the East on their way to Atlanta. Georgia is going to be one hungry team next season and they could well win the BCSCG.
Georgia may struggle a bit as well; they lose quite a bit of experience this season.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
No doubt, Texas A&M, and specifically Johnny Manziel and Kevin Sumlin. I hope they continue to do well in the SEC, just not well enough to ever beat us again. :)

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
No doubt, Texas A&M, and specifically Johnny Manziel and Kevin Sumlin. I hope they continue to do well in the SEC, just not well enough to ever beat us again. :)
Love your new avatar, belle.

I hope one of our TAMU lurkers shares this poll on an Aggie site. I do believe they would be pleased with the results.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Florida, I think they had their Utah moment.
That makes sense. When Alabama got beat by Utah, they did a complete 180 and started a 4 year streak of dominance and haven't looked back since. The loss Florida suffered to Louisville could have been the best thing to happen to them. Now they have nothing to lose and everything to prove. 2013 is Florida's year to prove themselves.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
the difference with Florida's "utah" moment though is that other than QB they have a ton more talent than we did during our "utah" moment. I voted for Vandy. I mean, when was the last time you turn the tube on and see Vandy playing in a bowl game and winning easily. when is the last time you could say Vandy and 7 game winning streak in the same sentence.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I picked Georgia just because I felt like they got some national respect for the SECCG. I know Johnny Football got a lot of hype and basically won the Heisman based on his game vs us but Manziel himself wasn't an option.

Heading into 2013 I think A&M might struggle with the spot light on them whereas Georgia will be a real contender and may well dominate the East on their way to Atlanta. Georgia is going to be one hungry team next season and they could well win the BCSCG.
You summed up my thoughts exactly. I'm not buying this ESPN creation of Johnny football no more than the Honey Badger.

Bama had one bad quarter & it was awful but still had a shot at the end. ONE player does not a team make you would think after the last 2 years others would get it.

Delervence Boy is no Scam Newton.

Georgia is on the rise really played us tough.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Aggies by far. This was their first year in the SEC and many folks, including me, expected them to set up a temporary homestead in the conference cellar. I sure didn't expect them to win that many games, much less come into BDS and beat us in the fashion they did. My hat's off them for their superior performances.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I would have selected Florida if they had taken care of business in the Sugar Bowl; however, I think Teddy Bridgewater just threw another touchdown pass against them. Georgia finally stepped up in a few big games this year, but they also pulled a Georgia against South Carolina. I had to give it to Texas A&M. They only lost two close games against top-10 opponents early in the season, and they were playing great toward the end of the season.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
You summed up my thoughts exactly. I'm not buying this ESPN creation of Johnny football no more than the Honey Badger.

Bama had one bad quarter & it was awful but still had a shot at the end. ONE player does not a team make you would think after the last 2 years others would get it.

Delervence Boy is no Scam Newton.

Georgia is on the rise really played us tough.
I also get tired of all of the hype that networks use to sell product; however, that is also what allows me to watch so much college football for free. Therefore, I tolerate the hype. However, I do wonder who you watched this year if you weren't impressed with Manziel. That team was more than just him. They have two guys who will go in the first round, and they would have had a third if Mathews had come out.
No, Manziel is no Cam Newton; I believe he broke Cam's records that we thought were unbreakable. Georgia may very well be tough next year, but I will have to see them go an entire season without pulling a Georgia in a big game or two before I believe in them.

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
Gotta go with A&M, but both Ole Miss and Vanderbilt are close behind. All three fanbases are probably pretty darn happy with how their seasons went. And they all won their bowl games too.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Delervence Boy is no Scam Newton.Georgia is on the rise really played us tough.

He broke all his records.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I picked the poodles because they were right there at the end of the SEC CG and had a chance to win.

Florida made great strides but still have a long way to go.

aTm played insane football with Johnny Football but they were not in the SEC CG like the leghumpers.

Much as I dislike Georgia - I think they were right behind Bama at the end of last season. With Murray coming back next year it should be interesting.

RTR and GG!

RollTide_12

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2012
NC/Huntsville
I picked Georgia. Florida was close and will continue to get better, but I thought Georgia was the second best team. Second Best!!! Roll Tide!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.