ND passed for 270 yards, way above their season's average......

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I am not worried. We was in a rebuilding year :biggrin2:. Next year will be better. Our secondary will be a bit more seasoned. Last years team would have probably won 28-0. This years offense was improved, but our defense took a step back from last year. I expect our defense to be improved in 2013, and our offense should take a half step back in the beginning. What concerns me is loosing so much on the O line.
We should beat Florida State pretty handily for next years National Championship :biggrin:. Or maybe Oregon?? Or we might get Ohio State, so that we can remind CUM why he left Florida :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Not sure what you're asking here. The TS was simply asking a question - is the fact that we gave up a lot of passing yardage against ND a reason to be concerned? Instead of responding to the question, people were jumping all over him for daring to bring up the subject. Certainly he's not concerned about this past season - it's over. I don't think he's going to lose any sleep over it, but he's supposedly looking for comments on what our defensive backfield will look like next season. We're losing good talent (Milliner, Lester), but we have a wealth of talent coming back. So no, I'm not worried, or concerned. But there's no need to jump all over him for bringing up the subject.
concern trolling is the worst kind of trolling. it infected most of the TF game threads this year and a lot of the discussion leading up to the games. :)

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Is any one also kinda concerned about this? I realize this is way after the fact, but I was starting to get a little concerned about them passing for that many yards. It's also way above what we averaged giving up in passing for the season.

Just conversation fodder.
Notre Dame lost...Alabama won.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks for your input - I didn't know that.

Are you the OP and just have two different usernames?

We are entitled to respond to a ridiculous question with ridiculous responses. Despite your attempt to salvage the question and make it about next year's secondary there isn't one thing in the OP to suggest that is what he was asking.

Also plenty of people gave substantive answers and at the same time gave the question to the correct amount of abuse it deserves.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Right now, I'm worried about the people that will always worry because you obviously can't enjoy the moment. Sit back and enjoy it folks.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think I am far more concerned with the 32 rushing yards we coughed up. I think it exposed the DL a bit. I mean a missed tackle here or there and they get 50 easy!
early in the game, on one play we stopped for a loss, they had a receiver running wide open. that could've changed the entire complexion of the game.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Are you the OP and just have two different usernames?

We are entitled to respond to a ridiculous question with ridiculous responses. Despite your attempt to salvage the question and make it about next year's secondary there isn't one thing in the OP to suggest that is what he was asking.

Also plenty of people gave substantive answers and at the same time gave the question to the correct amount of abuse it deserves.
Well, I've been caught, fer sure (LOL)! Guess I'm taking the post different from most - it would have to be concern for the upcoming season, since this season is over, right? I'm not trying to "salvage" anything. Oh, well......
Look, I'm enjoying this one, just like I've been enjoying NC's since 1961. I guess it's too early to start discussing next year's team. I'll have to wait awhile before I can resume "trolling" for inside info. Just wish I knew who I'm trolling for.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Since some can't handle the reaction many of us had. I'll explain the reasoning for our reactions...

• ND was down 21-0 before they knew the game started. They had to pass to get back into the game.
  • Brian Kelly forgot his running game was the offense's strength throughout the season.
  • Alabama won the national championship 42-14.
  • Bama played back after awhile to prevent big, quick scores that would get ND back in the game.
  • Alabama won the national championship 42-14.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
is this thread for real? it was 35-0! what would you expect ND to do down 35 other than pass on every play?

(insert confused emoticon)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Well, I've been caught, fer sure (LOL)! Guess I'm taking the post different from most - it would have to be concern for the upcoming season, since this season is over, right? I'm not trying to "salvage" anything. Oh, well......
Look, I'm enjoying this one, just like I've been enjoying NC's since 1961. I guess it's too early to start discussing next year's team. I'll have to wait awhile before I can resume "trolling" for inside info. Just wish I knew who I'm trolling for.
I don't think it's too early but if that's the discussion he wanted it could have been: Concerns with Next Year's Secondary. The thread title and post don't imply at all that it's about next season.

It's all good. Bama won and it's just hard to not have anything to worry about as a fan. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.