5 Alabama Players to Participate in Raycom All-Star Classic

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Five departing Alabama seniors won't have much time to rest from Monday's BCS National Championship.
Kicker Jeremy Shelley, long snapper Carson Tinker, defensive ends Quinton Dial and Damion Square and H-Back Kelly Johnson will participate in the inaugural Raycom College Football All-Star Classic.

The game is set for Jan. 19 at the Cramton Bowl. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. and it will air on CBS Sports Network.

All five players will be on the "Stripes" team, which will be coached by former NFL coach Dan Reeves.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
All five are NFL long shots, but I hope they each get that shot. Damion Square is particularly a favorite of mine, so I'm especially hoping - somewhat against logic - he can impress somebody somewhere. If nothing else, I hope they get a good final memory of college football and make us proud once more.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
All five are NFL long shots, but I hope they each get that shot. Damion Square is particularly a favorite of mine, so I'm especially hoping - somewhat against logic - he can impress somebody somewhere. If nothing else, I hope they get a good final memory of college football and make us proud once more.
I think Square and Dial will definitely be playing on Sunday.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
You know they don't call it the Crampton Bowl for nothing. Back in August 05 I was rear ended right on Union Street across from the CB. I was feeling pain when I saw where I was, I said to my wife, now this is ironic as we both were in some pain. I was giving my wife a tour of MGM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know they don't call it the Crampton Bowl for nothing. Back in August 05 I was rear ended right on Union Street across from the CB. I was feeling pain when I saw where I was, I said to my wife, now this is ironic as we both were in some pain. I was giving my wife a tour of MGM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Hey, what county is Rockaway, NJ in? When I see Rockaway (or Far Rockaway), I automatically think of Long Island...

BoroBama

1st Team
Jun 12, 2008
Every one of them deserves a shot -- glad to see it!

Do NFL teams keep "long snappers" that just do that?
Yes they do. Each team has one and that is all he does. Most are free agents but there were three in the NFL this year that were actually drafted. One in the 7th, and a couple in the 6th I believe. Carson is actually rated as the #1 LS in the draft this year so he has a really good chance to make it.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Every one of them deserves a shot -- glad to see it!

Do NFL teams keep "long snappers" that just do that?
yes, its unlikely a team would draft one, but a good LS has a ton of value in the NFL, typically everyteam keeps one on its roster and like kicker and punter you can have a pretty long career as long as you stay accurate and reliable. Odds are against you making the league just because the numbers but Tinker is the number one guy coming out this year and if he can beat out the other FA LS's floating around he can be one of the 32 to get a job. I'm pulling for him, we've had ridiculous luck with he and selman since saban showed up considering our ST woes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.