Are there any redshirt freshmen that stood out at practice this fall?

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Can anyone on this board that either regularly attended practice or has inside information give us an update on freshmen that did not participate in games this season?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: Are there any reshirt freshmen that stood out at practice this fall?

Chris Black is a redshirt that looked good. The staff spent a lot of time A. Taylor as well.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

Heard a lot of good things about

DALVIN TOMLINSON

Can anyone on this board that either regularly attended practice or has inside information give us an update on freshmen that did not participate in games this season?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I haven't heard anything but I'd be surprised if Eddie Williams doesn't make an impression this spring. He had further to go to learn the defensive back position than others but from an athletic and hitting standpoint this guy was top of the line. At the very least he should deliver some serious headaches on kickoff coverage.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I haven't heard anything but I'd be surprised if Eddie Williams doesn't make an impression this spring. He had further to go to learn the defensive back position than others but from an athletic and hitting standpoint this guy was top of the line. At the very least he should deliver some serious headaches on kickoff coverage.
When EW committed in 2011, he was the #1 Safety in the nation IIRC. The recruiting folks eventually switched his label to Athlete. Of course, CNS's system does take some serious learning, though.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

do you mean players who redshirted this year or redshirt freshmen? I've heard rumblings about Tomlinson as far as redshirted players go as well as black, alphonse taylor and brandon greene.

I also understand Austin Shepard is a name to look out for on the o line, not sure what year he is though.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I'm curious to see how Korren Kirven looks this spring. I think he could be a pleasant surprise. I've heard Caleb Gullege has put on some good weight and is huge now. Wonder if he will battle for a starting spot.
I also wonder if Adam Griffith will win the short field goal kicking duties or will Cade do both next year. Cade looked a lot better this year.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

I do not know any specifics about individuals but I think our scout team tackled Lacy better this year than ND did. :smile:

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

I think Eddie was switched to WR, but not sure if he will stay there, or go back to DB. Anxious to see what he can do - he'll have competition at either position, but I'm looking for him to make his mark.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I think Eddie was switched to WR, but not sure if he will stay there, or go back to DB. Anxious to see what he can do - he'll have competition at either position, but I'm looking for him to make his mark.
He started out at WR but due to some injuries he switched back to Safety and of course that put him back some IIRC.

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN

Watching the NC game I thought I saw another Castille (a younger brother of Tim and Simeon) on the sideline. Does anyone know anything about him?

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

Watching the NC game I thought I saw another Castille (a younger brother of Tim and Simeon) on the sideline. Does anyone know anything about him?
Caleb Castille, walk-on.

Bamatim15

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
Kingsport TN

Walk on??? I thought I read one time where he was supposed to be the best of the 3. Oh well I hope he can work his way to some playing time.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011

Of the Redshirts this year that played I expect more from Marvin Shinn, next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.