Who are the most likely players to replace those we are losing on the OL?

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
I thought Cyrus' brother Aries for LG. Ryan for C. I'm not familiar with those who can replace Fluker. What do you think?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
We have a few players; it depends on how they develop this offseason. Candidates would be:

LG: Arie K., Luatua, Taylor
C: Ryan Kelly (I think he's clearly the leader but other ppl may emerge in the spring)
RT: Leon Brown, Austin Shepherd, Arie K (maybe Brandon Greene)

My guess is Arie K, Kelly, and Shepherd start. Brown is really the unknown; he could come in and start right away like Carpenter or he could provide depth as a #2.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Would Tunsil have a shot at starting if he came to Bama?
OL is the toughest position for a true freshman to come in and start in college football. You often have a true man vs boys situation.
I think the biggest loss is going to be Barrett Jones and his team leadership. Those kinds of men don't come along every day.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
OL is the toughest position for a true freshman to come in and start in college football. You often have a true man vs boys situation.
I think the biggest loss is going to be Barrett Jones and his team leadership. Those kinds of men don't come along every day.
Yeah, but I don't know much about Tunsil or the guys currently on the roster. I figured there was an outside chance depending on what the depth at OL is like.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Would Tunsil have a shot at starting if he came to Bama?
I dont think so, not as a true freshman....unless our current players are absolute busts...
its the absolute hardest position to contribute as a freshman.

Also, one big reason they went after the JUCO Leon Brown...as a safety net against our current roster not having a solid RT.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I want the Kouandjio brothers starting beside one another... Kelly is going to be a stud. Leon Brown is the xfactor...if he steps in ready at RT, we'll be good

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
LT: Cyrus Kouandjio
LG: Arie Kouandjio
C: Ryan Kelly
RG: Anthony Steen
RT: Leon Brown / Austin Shepherd

I could be wrong but I think Brandon Hill, the prep OT, is going to end up at nose tackle before it's all said and done. Therefore, Shepherd is still the likely RT of the future.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Perhaps but I have a gut feeling that Alphonse Taylor = Chance Warmack 2.0.
Even with losing so much talent, we're in great shape for the OL...
we have a lot of talent pushing each other for the starting positiin, which will provide solid depth.
iots always a guessing game, and depends on how they develop between now and the season, but guessing from all ive read or heard:

LT- Cyrus Kouandjou (one definite position)
LG- Anthony Steen or Arie Kouandjou (perhaps Alphonse Taylor in one of the guard positions; between him and Arie)
C-Ryan Kelly (probably the lead candidate right now, but Isaac Latua a possibility? havent heard about his development)
RG- Anthony Steen/ Arie K./Alphonse Taylor
RT- Austin Shepherd/Leon Brown

solid candidates, and great depth either way..
just hoping whoever the starters are, they gel as a group quickly. We have a big test early in the year with TAMU, not counting the opener with Va Tech. I'm Definitly glad we have a bye before the TAMU game, they may be our biggest test of the year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.