Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
The thing about imaginary girlfriends is that they're pretty easy to break up with. No resistance or awkwardness whatsoever. Why you gotta go and kill her?

I think he has mental issues either way, because if he is the victim here then he is far too dumb to be a successful NFL MLB. How are you supposed to read an offense if you can't figure out whether your girlfriend is real?

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

In regards to the player from the Cardinals saying he met the imaginary woman:

http://deadspin.com/5976734/?utm_ca...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

One source close to Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man suspected of being behind the hoax, says he created Lennay Kekua as far back as 2008 and Te'o "wasn't the first person to have an online 'relationship' with her." So it's entirely possible that Tuiasosopo, from a big Hawaii football family, found marks in other local football products—like Reagan Maui'a. But his story of meeting "Kekua" would mean there was an actual, physical woman involved at one point. Every answer leads to twice as many questions.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Wait a minut...this story may (definitly) get even bigger:

Theres a rumor (started by me, right now) that this Imaginary girls Imaginary illness was very complex cover up for her imaginary homocide...more to follow as I make it up.
;)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
You think the Nigerian scammers have contacted Te'o lately?

Te'o is making himself sound like those little old ladies who wire all their money to these scammers.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
The ND cover-up is in full swing, South Bend Tribune already deleting articles.

Here are the first questions I'd ask Te'o:

Why did you continue to lie about your dead girlfriend in a Dec. 8th interview in NY for the Heisman ceremony, 2 days after you got the call from your dead girlfriend on Dec. 6th in Orlando?

Why did you wait, not a few days but, 20 days to inform ND coaches about being the victim of a Hoax? You needed more time to restructure your story and get your family on board with the new version of the story, making you solely a victim, right?

In an ESPN interview you talked about letter she would send to you before each game and specifically mention the letter you got before the Stanford game. The Stanford game was played on Oct. 13, a month after she "died" so, how did she send that letter. Guess she pre-wrote them all before the season started, right?

I don't believe for one second that he is an innocent victim, I think he was part of the hoax and got caught. I believe that in Orlando is when he realized the hoax was being uncovered by someone in the media and he took the next 20 days to construct the victim story and get his family on board. Then he went to the coaches and ND decided to sit on it and let the mainstream media continue the lie. Then Deadspin busted there bubbles. Nothing but a bunch of liars up there that are use to covering things up (see the rape cover that the media still refuses to investigate).

I'm actually so glad this is happening, love seeing the Domers fall so hard and fast... makes me want to go home and watch the NCG again!

The ND cover-up is in full swing, South Bend Tribune already deleting articles.

Here are the first questions I'd ask Te'o:

Why did you continue to lie about your dead girlfriend in a Dec. 8th interview in NY for the Heisman ceremony, 2 days after you got the call from your dead girlfriend on Dec. 6th in Orlando?

Why did you wait, not a few days but, 20 days to inform ND coaches about being the victim of a Hoax? You needed more time to restructure your story and get your family on board with the new version of the story, making you solely a victim, right?

In an ESPN interview you talked about letter she would send to you before each game and specifically mention the letter you got before the Stanford game. The Stanford game was played on Oct. 13, a month after she "died" so, how did she send that letter. Guess she pre-wrote them all before the season started, right?

I don't believe for one second that he is an innocent victim, I think he was part of the hoax and got caught. I believe that in Orlando is when he realized the hoax was being uncovered by someone in the media and he took the next 20 days to construct the victim story and get his family on board. Then he went to the coaches and ND decided to sit on it and let the mainstream media continue the lie. Then Deadspin busted there bubbles. Nothing but a bunch of liars up there that are use to covering things up (see the rape cover that the media still refuses to investigate).

I'm actually so glad this is happening, love seeing the Domers fall so hard and fast... makes me want to go home and watch the NCG again!
I believe there was another interview where he stated the "girlfriend" had written a series of letters and instructed "her siblings" to give Te'o one before each game.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I would ask him why he lied and had his dad lie about meeting her. Why he never actually met her for 3 years even though she was in a serious car accident, was dying of leukemia, and actually died. I would ask him why he never skyped or did some sort of video chat with her.

There are so many things to ask him that I'm not sure he can give a real answer to other than he is the dumbest person in the world or he was in on the hoax.

Arkytider68

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2012
Well, here comes the whole "oh, that's why Notre Dame lost the NCG" line. Skip Bayless already pulled that one out to justify his stupid NCG prediction.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Well, here comes the whole "oh, that's why Notre Dame lost the NCG" line. Skip Bayless already pulled that one out to justify his stupid NCG prediction.
No surprise. I guess the entire ND defense was in mourning or worried about this being exposed. It's not like Manti was the only player who looked terrible on their defense...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Yep, figured as much. Since Te'o was on offense as well. Not to mention he was defending Cooper too. ***rolling my eyes****

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yeah that is confusing. I guess ESPN isn't as willing to risk reporting something as Deadspin is.

But these tweets are lining up with what the private investigators hired by Notre Dame said (according to Jack Swarbrick in his presser today). He said they had found "conversations" between the co-conspirators. Obviously none of this may be prima facie evidence of it, but it is intriguing nonetheless.

I'm sure a lot of you are pretty upset, and I'm not going to go back and read any posts. And I won't interject too much here. Just wanted to come by and see if you had seen the recent tweets. @justinrmegahan uncovered a lot of these.
You are a very level headed and responsible poster...thanks for sharin gthe additional information, friendlyirish. And I agree, even though a lot of joking is going on I reserve full judgement until all facts are known.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I know its real easy to make jokes about this issue. But remember, at one time Bama was the butt of a lot of jokes many northern schools liked to tell and it is backfiring on them big time. (oSU, psu, etc)

lots of you will feel pretty bad if we find out he had nothing to do with the hoax and he was very naive and fell hard for this whole scheme. Sure he could be behind the hoax all together, but honestly i dont feel like eating crow down the road, not to mention how crappy i would feel for making fun of a 21 year old for falling in love and believing that person had died if he was duped. If its proven or he admits to making this whole thing up, I was naive to give him the benefit of the doubt. If not, and the hoax was unknown to him, I feel horrible for the young man to have that happen to him. Just my 2 cents
I can guarantee you, unequivocally, I won't feel an ounce of remorse over laughing at this. Ever.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Wow, lots of link to the older stories getting a "file not found" type message, or redirects to edited pages. Egg on lotsa faces right now. The media is not gonna take this lying down, so there will be more fun and frivolity for the rest of us.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I can guarantee you, unequivocally, I won't feel an ounce of remorse over laughing at this. Ever.
Same. Manti's best case scenario is that he was completely fooled and is thus probably the most gullible human being ever for not meeting his "girlfriend" in person for 3 years. I think that case is extremely unlikely because what college age guy (putting aside his lofty status) doesn't at some point want some physical contact. The jury is obviously still out on what role he may have played, but there is no denying at a minimum, he knew on December 6 with the phone call, but still had it discussed on December 8 and then waited about 3 weeks to inform ND (remember how quickly Marcell Dareus came in about the Miami trip thing and how quickly our staff worked to figure everything out).

With all the bad that hasn't stuck on ND (kid in the tower; rape allegations), karma comes around at some point.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.