Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Bingo. Wonder what Emmert means when 'a lot more will come forward'. Maybe the domers are for once losing the PR battle. I doubt it in the end but one can only hope.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
So if a pedophile was lurking within the athletic department at ND, after all we have seen in this, is there anyone within the department that would have enough character to out that person?

I think we should feel grateful this is not about a more serious situation as I believe those are some dangerous folks...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I don't know who this Thamel guy is, but after reading his lame excuses, he needs a phone call from Donald Trump.

"You're fired."

Could not make it through more than 30 seconds of the transcript. Little red flags? The whole interview is a giant red flag.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I will hand this to Teo - he managed to exposed a bunch of media clowns and Nota Dame charlatans with his broken heart saga. But he still fell short of the $Cam benchmark of creating an entire imaginary college experience while playing football for a living.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
It's my thoughts that Manti has clammed up and won't say anything else. He's graduated, left South Bend, working on a future in the nfl, and can basically leave ND swinging in the wind on this. That was likely the reason his family asked for a delay in breaking the story when ND wanted to do it earlier (or so it's been said).

Swarbrick & ND has riskily gone out on a limb in Te'os defense, and that limb is cracking slowly and about to break as each new story (or re-examination of previous stories) comes out.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but in the SI transcript Te'o states that he was flying from South Bend to Hawaii while his GF was comatose in the hospital and close to death. Yet most flights from South Bend or Chicago to Hawaii have a transfer at LAX, which is about 15 miles from the GF's home in Carson or downtown LA. So he was that close to her, but couldn't work in a visit to the love of his life?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Swarbrick & ND has riskily gone out on a limb in Te'os defense, and that limb is cracking slowly and about to break as each new story (or re-examination of previous stories) comes out.
The whole thing is like one of those Dean Winter "Mayhem" commercials ... "I bet you really think I am your girlfriend" and the inevitable followup "I bet you really think I am going to stick around and take credit for this"
NotADame should have had Allstate ...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I will hand this to Teo - he managed to exposed a bunch of media clowns and Nota Dame charlatans with his broken heart saga. But he still fell short of the $Cam benchmark of creating an entire imaginary college experience while playing football for a living.
Reggie Bush, Cam Newton, the Miami scandal, Willie Lyles, Albert Means, anyone you want to bring up... None of it compare in any way to this. This is the most sickening, sociopathic, completely insane and awful thing I have ever seen perpetuated by a player. It may not touch the Penn St scandal, because real people were actually hurt, but in line with other "scandals" in College Football...for me this blows them of the water. I am not going to wait to pass judgement, because it is proven he is a liar...period. He tried to dupe people, and did so successfully, about a fake person's death to a very real disease that effects people every day! Not to mention the fact that there are people who really go through things like this (Tinker) and never try to make it about themselves.. If I were an NFL team even THINKING about drafting him I would make him go through a psychiatric evaluation..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.