Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Visit TMZ for the article below. I was afraid to post the site of the article, afraid that there may be inappropriate language and I would be suspended.
MANTI TE'O
WITNESS TALKS
New Timeline Emerges

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
For any of you Monty Python fans out there:

"June the 4th, 1973, was much like any other summer's day in Peterborough, and Ralph Melish, a file clerk at an insurance company, was on his way to work as usual when... (da dum!) Nothing happened! (dum dum da dum) Scarcely able to believe his eyes, Ralph Melish looked down. But one glance confirmed his suspicions. Behind a bush, on the side of the road, there was *no* severed arm. No dismembered trunk of a man in his late fifties. No head in a bag. Nothing. Not a sausage. For Ralph Melish, this was *not* to be the start of any trail of events which would not, in no time at all, involve him in neither a tangled knot of suspicion, nor any web of lies, which would, had he been not uninvolved, surely have led him to no other place, than the central criminal court of the Old Bailey."

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Te'o is looking more and more like a BS artist, the only people that are going to believe he is an innocent bystander are head in the sand ND fans, just being ignorant.

He told so many lies to the media, i don't see a way out of this, he has to come clean or just say "no comment", and that will make him look guilty.

domeronaroll

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 17, 2005

So here's my list of the five most likely outcomes:

1.) The perp confesses to everything and takes credit for working for three years to inflict harm on a young man in the public eye. He does this in a 1-on-1 interview with Deadspin or some other non-traditional media organization and cashes in on his 30 seconds of infamy. I put the probability at 40%.

I assign this high of a probability because there are several plausible factors that might force this option. First, if this was indeed a catfisher, if they do not reveal themselves then they do not get the glory. For a sociopath, that would take all of the gloryhole out of it. Second, CAA and Manti's lawyers may be putting the squeeze on them. Third, if it's just some jackhole living in his Dad's basement, then he will probably cave under the sign of pressure.

2.) The perp confesses but claims Manti is a willing co-conspirator. This statement will also likely be made to Deadspin or their ilk. I put this probability at 15%.

If the perp drags Te'o into it (rightly or wrongly), he's denying himself credit for pulling off a great (from his/her point of view) scam. However, the one thing catfisher/sociopaths love more than attention is ....ing people off.

3.) Manti's lawyers and CAA are waiting for the perp to make a move before saying anything because they've got a truckload of evidence on their side. So, they are waiting for this perp to come out with something hoping to swoop in, do a massive document drop to several outlets and completely discredit whoever is behind this. I assign a probability of 20%.

4.) Manti lied about everything and is in sociopathic cahoots with the bad guys. CAA knows this and is hoping that the other perp won't down him. Or, they have bought silence. Since he has zero documented problems in his history with authority, I assign a probability of 5%.

5.) There was an attempt to extort Manti in the last few weeks and law enforcement is now involved. I am envisioning federal grand jury, so the whole thing is sealed, and he was advised not to speak on the matter until an indictment is handed down. I assign a probability of 20%.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
When I picked my 8 year old daughter up from her Catholic School this afternoon we talked briefly about Te'o. She looked at me, mischievously, and said "at least his girlfriend is in an imaginary better place." I laughed so hard I cried.

Carry on.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Te'o should blame the whole thing on the Leprechaun. Maybe the leprechaun was upset because Te'o was getting all the publicity[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]. [/FONT]

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I like how of domer's 5 versions, only one assigns ANY culpability on Te'o and its a 5% chance of happening. I want to lulz, but I do feel bad for a lot of Irish fans b/c they've been reasonable posters on here for the most part and they got swindled. I have 2 big problems with the ND/Te'o story (just based off their timeline and w/o getting into the veracity of their underlying story):

1) as being reported in several outlets, Manti mentioned the g/f several times after the 12/6 phone call. Hard to justify his evoking her memory if he knew it was fake and

2) ND supported an alum setting up a leukemia research fund on 1/9 in gratitude for Te'o and the g/f. I understand the fund was for a good purpose, but shouldn't ND quietly inform the alum to not use the fake person's name. By their own timeline, they were told of the hoax on 12/26 and then got their investigative report on 1/4.

i think the question isn't if Manti was complicit, the question is to what degree he was complicit or dishonest. He may not have started it, but I think any rational person knows he at least "played along" or flat out hid the truth at some point.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I like how of domer's 5 versions, only one assigns ANY culpability on Te'o and its a 5% chance of happening. I want to lulz, but I do feel bad for a lot of Irish fans b/c they've been reasonable posters on here for the most part and they got swindled. I have 2 big problems with the ND/Te'o story (just based off their timeline and w/o getting into the veracity of their underlying story):

1) as being reported in several outlets, Manti mentioned the g/f several times after the 12/6 phone call. Hard to justify his evoking her memory if he knew it was fake and

2) ND supported an alum setting up a leukemia research fund on 1/9 in gratitude for Te'o and the g/f. I understand the fund was for a good purpose, but shouldn't ND quietly inform the alum to not use the fake person's name. By their own timeline, they were told of the hoax on 12/26 and then got their investigative report on 1/4.

i think the question isn't if Manti was complicit, the question is to what degree he was complicit or dishonest. He may not have started it, but I think any rational person knows he at least "played along" or flat out hid the truth at some point.
That's basically what I've been saying for some time now - the only question is when along the way T'eo learned the truth and started lying. The more I read, the further that timeline gets pushed back...

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

So here's my list of the five most likely outcomes:

1.) The perp confesses to everything and takes credit for working for three years to inflict harm on a young man in the public eye. He does this in a 1-on-1 interview with Deadspin or some other non-traditional media organization and cashes in on his 30 seconds of infamy. I put the probability at 40%.

I assign this high of a probability because there are several plausible factors that might force this option. First, if this was indeed a catfisher, if they do not reveal themselves then they do not get the glory. For a sociopath, that would take all of the gloryhole out of it. Second, CAA and Manti's lawyers may be putting the squeeze on them. Third, if it's just some jackhole living in his Dad's basement, then he will probably cave under the sign of pressure.

2.) The perp confesses but claims Manti is a willing co-conspirator. This statement will also likely be made to Deadspin or their ilk. I put this probability at 15%.

If the perp drags Te'o into it (rightly or wrongly), he's denying himself credit for pulling off a great (from his/her point of view) scam. However, the one thing catfisher/sociopaths love more than attention is ....ing people off.

3.) Manti's lawyers and CAA are waiting for the perp to make a move before saying anything because they've got a truckload of evidence on their side. So, they are waiting for this perp to come out with something hoping to swoop in, do a massive document drop to several outlets and completely discredit whoever is behind this. I assign a probability of 20%.

4.) Manti lied about everything and is in sociopathic cahoots with the bad guys. CAA knows this and is hoping that the other perp won't down him. Or, they have bought silence. Since he has zero documented problems in his history with authority, I assign a probability of 5%.

5.) There was an attempt to extort Manti in the last few weeks and law enforcement is now involved. I am envisioning federal grand jury, so the whole thing is sealed, and he was advised not to speak on the matter until an indictment is handed down. I assign a probability of 20%.
You're on a roll for sure. In fact, I think you rolled at least a couple before you posted. :biggrin:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
So the HOAX started as a publicity stunt. THEN...
The first lie was bad, so he reinforced it with another.
Each lie was stacked onto another. ect...
Soon Notre Dame was mixing the mortar to support this elaborate 'House of Lies'.

Yet another team imploding after getting ' PROCESSED' by coach Saban and the Crimson Tide.
I wonder how the 'Recruits' feel about the negative publicity at ND.
There has to be at least one Momma thinking. Te'o is one 'Sick Puppy', and ND is rather clumsy in lying to cover it up.

If this were happening at Alabama, there would be a 'Player Meeting', and Manti, (the head case)
would get his act together.
If this were happening at Alabama Coach Saban would be Manti's worse nightmare.
Te'o wouldn't last very long at Alabama, we would eventually hear that he had left the team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.