Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Please, Cam still went #1 after all his crap, doubt this will even make a dent as long as he does good at the combine. In fact, I bet he remains quite about this whole thing until after the draft, if he ever publicly addresses it. The only thing he'll do by talking now is dig a bigger hole so, he mind as well just wait to talk until he cashes his check.
With all due respect this Teo deal, in my opinion, blows what Cam or Cam's Father did totally out of the water. Not even comparable to me.
If Manti is ultimately exposed as a fraud in this case I think it could zap him completely out of the draft or at least make him a late late rounder.
Would you draft him?
sip

Last edited:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
With all due respect this Teo deal, in my opinion, blows what Cam or Cam's Father did totally out of the water. Not even comparable to me.
If Manti is ultimately exposed as a fraud in this case I think it could zap him completely out of the draft or at least make him a late late rounder.
Would you draft him?
sip
If we are talking about having a competitive advantage in a sport and cheating, then NO!!!!!

If we are talking about scandal and drama, then yes...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The only sad thing is that, for whatever reason, people need these human interest pieces like the story of Te'o's girlfriend as opposed, to you know, watching just for the sport.

People look at me funny when I say I couldn't care less about a player's off the field actions. Stories like this just reaffirm my stance.
I'll agree that sensational, off the field stories get far too much attention and far too much interest.

But in this case, the girlfriend supposedly dying and Manti playing even though she died enraptured not only the media but college fans everywhere(including me) and virtually propelled him into the Heisman Trophy race.

Therefore, if he was indeed an instigator in this tangled web to help promote himself then he should be exposed so other kids will know, "Don't try this, you'll get busted".

I think this case is the exception to what you and I agree upon and not the rule.

sip

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Watching the media block for him makes me really, REALLY hope the South Park guys make an episode about this. They can make some biting satire.

So, I am guessing the outline will be Cartman is the one who gets catfished. Only to parlay it into his usual quest for $10M. Butters will have to be the one who creates the hoax, to get back at him for locking him in a bomb shelter, forcing him to miss the trip to Casa Bonita. Kyle will have his faith in God shaken, again, as Cartman comes out smelling like a rose.

Close?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
But in this case, the girlfriend supposedly dying and Manti playing even though she died enraptured not only the media but college fans everywhere(including me) and virtually propelled him into the Heisman Trophy race.
Never heard a word of this, until this scandal broke. Once again, this is why I never watch ESPN, outside of the times our games are on.

Try it.....it isn't hard. Won't be long, and you'll discover you are not missing anything. If it is important, you will read about it here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Never heard a word of this, until this scandal broke. Once again, this is why I never watch ESPN, outside of the times our games are on.

Try it.....it isn't hard. Won't be long, and you'll discover you are not missing anything. If it is important, you will read about it here.
That's interesting. I watch ESPN for our games, GameDay on Saturday AM, and for commentary after our games. That's it. I remember seeing something about T'eo having had bad experiences recently, but that's it. I wondered briefly what that was about, but I never paid much attention to it until all this crap broke...

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Last edited:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
After reading all 74 pages, I feel compelled to say, "Truth is Stranger than Fiction"......but then, we don't know what the truth is in this strange odyssey. Once the final truth comes out, it will be interesting to see how many layers of lies are told in an attempt to cover it up. We should start a pool. My number is 20, but then, there might already be more than 20 layers.....who can tell?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When there are so many layers of lies, rarely is a "true" version of the facts released that can be broadly accepted. People have lost faith in those reporting the "facts", so will decide for themselves what they believe.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Yeah, I am over it.
I think that's the idea. An anonymous friend saying someone told them about this? That's credible enough to run at this point? They're just trying to make us sick enough of this whole thing that we stop considering how poor a job the media did, and how Manti's a liar.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Yea, the media has been awful on this, is no reporter gone call out Te'o on his lies?

People aren't buying this crock, unless your a ND fan.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.