Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The girl in the photos comes out and says she only knew of Manti Te'o a few weeks ago. You mean to tell me none of her friends or acquaintances didn't see the photos used when telling Manti's sweet love story and call her up to ask her about being in a relationship with him?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I still think the media is trying to cover this up and trying to smooth over certain details.

He said she was the love of his life, even when his own teammates knew the relationship was not that serious. The fact is he played this up for sympathy and that's the only problem I've ever had with this. It's also very curious that he would feel comfortable making up so many details, and lying about them, if he thought this was a real girl.

Let's pretend there's a real family out there right? How do you think the family of this dead girl is going to feel, seeing some this guy out there saying he'd met her when he never did, or that he was the love of her life, and all that? Wouldn't that freak them out?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I can't put my finger on why the media is so willing to at least participate in this narrative where Te'o was the victim? They don't even press him that hard on all the lies he said while he allegedly believed her to be a real person. To me that is the biggest issue here. I can understand why he kept quite in the month leading up to his team's national title. In that sense, I agree with the decision...by stating she was fake soon after the phone call, he brings an unwanted limelight on his program at a time when 84 other men are trying to win the biggest prize in the sport. What I don't understand is the well-crafted lies with the seeming intent to make a more endearing story for the media.

The fact he kept quiet all of December may seem like a big issue to the "truth finders" in the media who would have loved that story all month before the BCSCG. I don't really care about that much, it is all the lies in September and October that are damning.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
The girl in the photos comes out and says she only knew of Manti Te'o a few weeks ago. You mean to tell me none of her friends or acquaintances didn't see the photos used when telling Manti's sweet love story and call her up to ask her about being in a relationship with him?
I've been thinking the same thing. No way someone didn't recognize her photo.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
It's quite simple: because the media was complicit in the whole thing. Each reporter and journalist ran with a story without so much as checking the background. Slamming Te'o now for pulling scam on them would be like slamming themselves.

I can't put my finger on why the media is so willing to at least participate in this narrative where Te'o was the victim? They don't even press him that hard on all the lies he said while he allegedly believed her to be a real person. To me that is the biggest issue here. I can understand why he kept quite in the month leading up to his team's national title. In that sense, I agree with the decision...by stating she was fake soon after the phone call, he brings an unwanted limelight on his program at a time when 84 other men are trying to win the biggest prize in the sport. What I don't understand is the well-crafted lies with the seeming intent to make a more endearing story for the media.

The fact he kept quiet all of December may seem like a big issue to the "truth finders" in the media who would have loved that story all month before the BCSCG. I don't really care about that much, it is all the lies in September and October that are damning.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I've been thinking the same thing. No way someone didn't recognize her photo.
Until this story broke, I'd never seen her picture or heard her, Te'os fake girlfriend's, name. And I'm a huge college football fan, but I despise Notre Dame and refuse to listen to any of their feel good media propaganda. So I could easily believe no one recognized her photo.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

He ain't the first Hawaiian the media has covered for, coddled, and refused to investigate.

Roll Tide

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Manti Te'o's fake 'Girlfriend' meant nothing to anyone until he kept on and the media played it up.
BUT...
I don't believe the story of the girl who claims they used her photo w/o her knowledge.
She sounds as believable as Manti...

The clowns at ND were never believable. They also had a stake in this lie.

I still believe all the lies are part of a cover up of what they aren't telling.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Until this story broke, I'd never seen her picture or heard her, Te'os fake girlfriend's, name. And I'm a huge college football fan, but I despise Notre Dame and refuse to listen to any of their feel good media propaganda. So I could easily believe no one recognized her photo.
I pretty much tune out any of those 'feel good' stories anyway, unless it's a Bama player.

Any idea if Te'o's agent has ties with Couric or the network?

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Manti, I believe everything you are tailoring to me right now..... People were just awful to doubt any of your inspirational tailoring.

Wow, Geez, exactly how I feel about this Lena.. Sorry, I mean Katie
Katie,,,,Would you be my new imaginary girlfriend?"

I would love to be your imaginary girl . I do like a good tailor.

Katie, can I call you Lennay. That really gets me off....

You know I would be down with that. Creepy and sick. Just how I like my tailors...

Status update on Manti's facebook page......

Last edited:

BamasRollin

Scout Team
Sep 8, 2010
this is just me thinking out loud but a lot of stuff in his story still doesn't add up... he says things like "the girl i was committed to" and "the love of my life" and no one ever says, dude you supposedly never met this chick and now you're "committed" to the "love of your life"... WOW... now after sitting back and taking a look at this whole story, it's my opinion that T'eo and the Tuiasisapo (sp?) dude had a relationship they wanted to hide and found a way to communicate with each other without T'eo having to admit he's really in a relationship with another dude... the other dude pretended to be a chick, and when they got caught they are spinning it into some hoax where the "girl" really didn't exist... what no one is talking about is how T'eo was really talking to "someone" as phone records prove, we just don't know "who"... and that's why i think they came up with this fake chick to hide their relationship and it ended up getting out in the public that the chick wasn't real... and it's weird to me that the media hasn't asked the dude why he be so "involved" with someone he's supposedly never met

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
His phone records prove this is the most elaborate hoax ever pulled on a single person for no real reason...

Or...

He spent a ton of time talking to his boyfriend...

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
this is just me thinking out loud but a lot of stuff in his story still doesn't add up... he says things like "the girl i was committed to" and "the love of my life" and no one ever says, dude you supposedly never met this chick and now you're "committed" to the "love of your life"... WOW... now after sitting back and taking a look at this whole story, it's my opinion that T'eo and the Tuiasisapo (sp?) dude had a relationship they wanted to hide and found a way to communicate with each other without T'eo having to admit he's really in a relationship with another dude... the other dude pretended to be a chick, and when they got caught they are spinning it into some hoax where the "girl" really didn't exist... what no one is talking about is how T'eo was really talking to "someone" as phone records prove, we just don't know "who"... and that's why i think they came up with this fake chick to hide their relationship and it ended up getting out in the public that the chick wasn't real... and it's weird to me that the media hasn't asked the dude why he be so "involved" with someone he's supposedly never met
Wonder if this Tuiasisapo fella is from the 661 area code? If so hammer meet nail...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.