Division I streamlines rulebook.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
yea unlimited texting sounds like a nightmare if you're a recruit haha. Didnt they pass that one because kids phone bills were blowing up?
yep.. their reasoning in the 1st place for limiting text messages was due to complaints from parents and kids who for some reason didn't have unlmited texting. i remember a few recruits actually turned off their phones and some were talking about how expensive it was for them. with unlimited text messages and calls they better get a good phone deal. also with the change that ANYONE on staff can call a recruit you can expect the communication to really blow up.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I think the new rules will benefit the smaller schools the most. Most large programs have the resources to make the current rules work in their favor. Yes the SEC schools and schools in other major conferences will spend even more money now as harass recruits beyond what they already do but the smaller schools will now be able to fully apply the resources they have which are limited.

Example a small midmajor does not have the money to maximize the current number of off campus visits, but are limited currently by the number of times they can call a recruit. Now they can call a recruit as much as they want with their limit financial resources. Again old rules they had less contact atleast now they can increase contact without increasing their recruiting budget.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
yep.. their reasoning in the 1st place for limiting text messages was due to complaints from parents and kids who for some reason didn't have unlmited texting. i remember a few recruits actually turned off their phones and some were talking about how expensive it was for them. with unlimited text messages and calls they better get a good phone deal. also with the change that ANYONE on staff can call a recruit you can expect the communication to really blow up.
Pretty simple for the recruit to fix... Don't give out your cell number if you don't have unlimited. Of course with that said, nowadays fewer people even have a landline to communicate on.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Pretty simple for the recruit to fix... Don't give out your cell number if you don't have unlimited. Of course with that said, nowadays fewer people even have a landline to communicate on.
You would think that the best way for a recruit/parent to fix it is to tell recruiters tactics that are reducing their chances. However, staying in communication with multiple schools helps them keep options open. I am not sure this helps, hurts or even changes anything. There will probably be fewer 'self reported minor violations' that meant nothing anyway.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.