AJC: Saban-In the presence of greatness

harley2

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2009
Birmingham AL
Hard to believe Michael Carvell wrote this!

http://m.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jan/20/nick-saban-presence-greatness/

Code:
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Arial] You would’ve thought it was [B]Justin Bieber[/B] making an appearance at Georgia high schools this past week.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Arial]  When this A-lister walked down the halls, there were people who actually broke down in tears upon sight.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Arial]   No, this wasn’t [B]Lady Gaga[/B] or somebody from Hollywood.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Arial]  It was [B]Nick Saban,[/B] probably the greatest college football coach in history.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Arial]  When you guide your team to three out of four national championships, you can have that type of Elvis-like effect on bystanders
.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't get the title. "Saban in the presence of greatness"? He is the greatness in whose presence others are in.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
All of sudden, it was like you couldn’t find an Auburn fan within 1,000 miles. Gus Malzhan was probably hiding under a desk. “They were freaking out and taking pictures, and I thought they were supposed to be Auburn fans; I did not hear a single ‘War Eagle’ but I heard several ‘Roll Tide’s,’” said Foster, describing the surreal scene to ESPN’s Kipp Adams.
Ha ha, great read...
And Coach Saban has been a rock star since he arrived at Alabama, I remember that being used to describe his arrivals anytime he went somewhere.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I don't get the title. "Saban in the presence of greatness"? He is the greatness in whose presence others are in.
i'm thinking the dash (-) indicates a separation of the the title. hence, we are in the presence. the writer makes a good point about Auburn High in the article as well. The school is over 50% Bama fans including staff. the thinking that Auburn High is majority AU territory is a myth.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
here's the non-mobile version for those who prefer to read them that way

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jan/20/nick-saban-presence-greatness/

thanks for posting, can't imagine that hurts recruiting
The comments in that article from readers were hilarious. someone said how Richt was such a better person and how God thinks higher of Richt than He does Saban. Or they guy who said if Saban came to his kids' school, he'd tell them to give Saban the finger. What a great parent he must be.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Just think what Coach Saban could be accomplishing in recruiting without the "Saban Rule." I am hoping the NCAA repeals that one.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I doubt it would have been published if Furman Bisher were still on the green side of grass.
Spot on, sir.

I try very hard not to speak ill of the dead, but seeing or hearing Bisher's name tests me greatly.

I see Carvell as just a younger version of Bisher, and I wonder what motivated him to post that. I think he's up to something.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.