Link: Interesting article on former barner Westerman

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Obviously I'm no AU apologist, but I think this is all laughable.

"Back at Auburn, he was just another kid, another player."
Well, exactly what was he supposed to be? Worshipped like a god? He was another player, and he was treated just like ... another player. What is the problem with that? Guess he didn't get singled enough for special attention. Life is hard like that sometimes.

"The [Westerman] family also disliked the loose culture that had developed under [former Arizona State head coach Dennis] Erickson."
Oh, you disliked the "loose culture" at Arizona State, did you? So that is why you signed with Gene Chizik's Auburn over Mack Brown's Texas, correct? Makes so much sense now.

"The other big factor was the fact that under Todd Graham, he's really seen the improvement of the ASU program. The program's really moving in a very positive direction."
The guy who views a one-night-stand as a long-term commitment takes a 6-6 team and goes 7-5 and that is considering moving in a very positive direction? If that is the metric of measurement, then only about, oh, 60 teams in the country last year really took a step in a "very positive direction."

Bottom line, this guy was a tool when he was being recruited and it sounds like he still is a couple of years later. He wanted a lax program that would lavish attention on him and let him start from day one, which is why he signed with Auburn over Texas. And when he didn't get what he wanted -- and when it turned out that he wasn't really much of a player -- he got out as quickly as he could, and now he's just slinging some mud to justify the move and hopefully persuade the NCAA to let him play right away. I've got no sympathy for him. It was recruiting clowns like this that brought about the downfall of Chizik in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.