Question: ***DB Eddie Jackson commits to Bama***

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Re: Eddie Jackson

Recruited as db. Had some grade issues. He is a stud from what is reported. I think he had to sit out his junior year. The star rating is not a reflection of his ability or lack thereof. More to do with other things which seem to have been straightened out. I am not going to get too excited. He visited FSU and said they were the leader. Visits UA and says we are. If he visits LSU and says we are still the leader....then I can get a little excited. Good prospect though who is a fast riser.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Recruited as db. Had some grade issues. He is a stud from what is reported. I think he had to sit out his junior year. The star rating is not a reflection of his ability or lack thereof. More to do with other things which seem to have been straightened out. I am not going to get too excited. He visited FSU and said they were the leader. Visits UA and says we are. If he visits LSU and says we are still the leader....then I can get a little excited. Good prospect though who is a fast riser.
may be a better coverage guy than Bell. Also, he may not take his last two visits.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

a guy on 247 said if he would have gone out to camps and wasn't this late of a riser ,he would have been a 5 star already. just fyi. 6' 4.3 speed @ 175lbs

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

a guy on 247 said if he would have gone out to camps and wasn't this late of a riser ,he would have been a 5 star already. just fyi. 6' 4.3 speed @ 175lbs
Could this be the one to take Bozeman's spot since he is grey shirting?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Very talented kid here. Good frame and athletic, too, and in terms of position he could play wide receiver, corner, or safety.

As mentioned above, grades were always the big concern here. Not sure what his current academic status is, though. I know he has made some progress, as is evident by his recruitment picking up, but qualification apparently isn't a done deal just yet either. If he can get on campus somewhere, he can eventually become a real asset for an SEC team. No one doubts his ability to play.

Judging by his glowing remarks about 'Bama and T'town, it certainly seems like he is ours if we want him.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

It is very hard to read him to be honest. He almost committed to FSU after that trip. He gets very excited with visits. He did mention however a decision may be close.

I am undecided right now if I will take any other visits. I will talk with my parents about everything. We may know something by the middle of the week. My mind might be made up now."

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He really enjoyed his trip, and said CNS said he wanted him to play DB (specifically corner). He said he loves that the program is structured, and has day-to-day rules. Also, his parents really enjoyed the trip...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: ATH Eddie Jackson Updates

Les Miles and company were in town for the in-home visit last night, and Jackson will be taking an official visit to LSU this weekend. Also looking to line up another official visit for the last weekend before NSD.

Not sure this really hurts our standing too much, but I think you can put aside any thoughts of a mid-week commitment here. He hasn't set any firm plans, but I imagine we see an NSD decision here.

Again, the kid can definitely play. Three star kid by many outlets with some academic issues ... and he's getting heavily pursued by Alabama, LSU, and Florida State? That ought to tell you what he can do on the field.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: ATH Eddie Jackson Updates

Told Rodney Orr that Bama is his leader. Will visit LSU and then announce early next week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.