Morning Six Pack: January 22, 2013-ibleedcrimsonred.com
SEC NEWS AROUND THE WEB
- Bama's Fluker is out for the Senior Bowl
- Katherine Webb in a new reality show
- Nick Saban draws a crowd at Senior Bowl
- Bielema's staff impressive on paper
- Auburn's McCalebb out of Senior Bowl with hamstring
- Lutzenkirchen has accepted invitation to NFL Combine
- A look at Florida's 2013 running backs
- UGA's Malcome ends up transferring to Southern Illinois
- Joker Phillips has every right to try and woo KY star to UF
- LSU recruits move up in rankings
MORE SEC NEWS-SDS
On January 19 the NCAA Division I board of directors approved a large package of rules changes—effective August 1—aimed at creating more “common sense” policies in areas like recruiting. The most notable changes are Proposals 11-2 and 11-4, which wiped out an entire section of the Division I rulebook restricting certain recruiting functions to coaching staffs. Without these limitations, schools may theoretically employ any number of outside staff to scout, contact and recruit players.
This year's Florida team was the most offensively-challenged team with double-digit wins in program history. So is it a bump in the road or a new brand of Florida football?
The Head Ball Coach is still piling up first-time accomplishments in Columbia. And there's still one big trophy he wants to add to the mantel