Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
So glad to hear this! I can't take his regular callers and the lack of real football discussion. And even though he gets the biggest personalities for interviews, the interviews themselves are really pathetic. He doesn't ask the questions you want answered, in my opinion.

Any ideas on who might fill the mid-day slot?
I never thought it was a talk show as we have come to know them. It was more of a "listen show." People call in, spout off and he says, "next caller is *****." How he promoted himself to sports authority of the south is beyond me. :)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I've listened to the PF show off and on for years.
I like to think of it as a combination of Dan Patrick and Jerry Springer's show.
Paul sometimes had good knowledgeable guest on his show, but to make up for it
he had a cast of 'Characters' who are/were regular callers who are borderline idiots.

Like him or hate him, people listen because PF would bait Alabama and Auburn fans into
name calling and screaming insults on the radio.
When PF got more of a national following, he always managed to find some 'Homer' to call in
and declare war on his fans.
PF is sometimes a victim of his own success. People love to hate him, and that includes
sponsors and radio managers...

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Sure missed it on my long drives this week. It was always something good to listen to to keep from falling asleep. Sirius will need to get him back soon.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Sure missed it on my long drives this week. It was always something good to listen to to keep from falling asleep. Sirius will need to get him back soon.
Funny thing, I havent missed a second of it. I used to listen to it on my ride home & some of the callers just get on my nerves. I kind of like the Round table in that spot.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Funny thing. There has been more substance of discussion since he left than in the last year. I turn 94.5off at 2PM....or at least I used to.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
I could only stand it in small doses, very small doses... I stream the opening drive a couple times a week on the way in to work but that's about it for me. And sometimes I don't get that, my daughter likes to play games on my phone on the way to daycare...

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
somewhere legend, tammy, and i-man are roaming the streets looking to rant for cash.
Yes, I've thought about this as well. I bet Darrel from Columbus is completely lost without having his daily dose of Finebaum and an audience for which to spew his nonsense. I've been a listener for years and my favorite callers are Jeff in Chicago and John in Huntsville. John doesn't call quite as much as he used to.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Yes, I've thought about this as well. I bet Darrel from Columbus is completely lost without having his daily dose of Finebaum and an audience for which to spew his nonsense. I've been a listener for years and my favorite callers are Jeff in Chicago and John in Huntsville. John doesn't call quite as much as he used to.
Jimmy from Chicago and straight jacket Jim from crestwood, i believe, are one in the same.

Sgtsmokdu

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 10, 2011
So, is today the day that they all come out of the woodworks... Darriel, Tammy, and the rest of the clan?

Sent from your iPhone via my Galaxy Nexus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.