Link: Haden: ‘no reason Lane Kiffin shouldn’t be our coach’

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-no-reason-lane-kiffin-shouldnt-be-our-coach/

If USC had just lived up to expectations in 2012, issues such as deflated footballs and uniform number swaps and the coaches’ poll imbroglio and media brouhahas would’ve been minor hassles on the way to bigger and better things.

The Trojans didn’t, and those issues were magnified in a six-loss season that culminated with an embarrassing performance in – and after — the Sun Bowl. It was the worst finish ever for a preseason No. 1, with seemingly everyone calling for the boot to be applied to head coach Lane Kiffin‘s backside.

Everyone, that is, except for athletic director Pat Haden, who very publicly proclaimed back in late November he is “150-percent” behind the embattled coach. Two months later, Haden’s stance hasn’t shifted much if at all.
I don't know about you guys, but I can think of a whole bunch of reasons. :biggrin2:

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Maybe Haden was been brainwashed from doing all of those games in South Bend for NBC.
Perhaps he is USC's Manchurian Candidate....???

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
As someone who doesn't care much for USC football and enjoys seeing Kiffin get his rear end kicked on the feild, I hope Haden continues to feel that way for a very long time.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Lane Kiffin being a head coach of a major football program makes me really question what is real in this world sometimes. I mean I understand if one team/school takes a chance on him simple based on his dad, etc. But for him to continually get high paying, top of the line jobs is a big head scratcher for me! What am I missing here?

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Lane Kiffin being a head coach of a major football program makes me really question what is real in this world sometimes. I mean I understand if one team/school takes a chance on him simple based on his dad, etc. But for him to continually get high paying, top of the line jobs is a big head scratcher for me! What am I missing here?
I completely agree with this sentiment. It is still mind boggling to me this guy was an NFL head coach. Regardless that it was with the hapless Raiders, he was an NFL head coach.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
A writer wrote very recently, "Kiffin should probably be fired but with his luck he'd sign a multi-million dollar deal to coach an NFL team within two weeks".

Amazingly, he's probably pretty close to being right. Kiffin is the most charmed guy I think I've ever seen.
He is constantly rewarded by bigger abd better jobs for being a totally inferior coach.

Go figure.

sip

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Oh, he does. But with the heart of U$Cs sanctions about to kick in, he doesn't have a whole lot of options right now.
I agree. Hayden is boxed in right now and will make the changes after USC gets through the sanction pain. In the meantime, we get to see Kiffin get embarrassed on the field. He is exposed and it is all downhill from this point forward. I expect to see him as an assistant somewhere else in a couple of years.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Oh, he does. But with the heart of U$Cs sanctions about to kick in, he doesn't have a whole lot of options right now.
Exactly..Thankfully Hayden & USC are stuck with each other as they ride out the NCAA sanctions..No high caliber HC would wanna take the job until the sanction begin to wear off & that will be a good 3yrs at the least..I remember when we were sweating out our sanctions with Coach Shula..Lots of USC fans bashed us to no end on national message boards..So I have no sympathy in the least for them..

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Looking at the statement a face value, it's hard to argue with the literal truth of it. Talk to him again next year and I'll bet you get a different answer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.