Wide Receivers Next Year-Has Any Team Ever Had As Much Quality Depth?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Seriously think about it. There have been teams like Southern Cal and others who have had absolutely a complete one or two super studs at Wide Receiver.

But in overall numbers of quality receivers has any team ever had better and more explosive potential than us coming up next season with Norwood, Amari, Chris Black, Kenny Bell, Deandre White, Robert Foster(incoming), Christian Jones. Marvin Shinn, Cyrus Jones etc.

I might honestly have to vote no.

Our depth at that one position simply beats all I've ever seen.

Time will tell but I sure feel good about it! :)

sip

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Two seasons ago, Baylor had Titans #1 pic Kendall Wright, Browns rookie Josh Gordon, who finished his rookie season with 805 yards, and present day senior bowl sensation and soon to be first rounder, Terrance Williams. I'm sure there are a few other schools that have had similar great groups.
On the Alabama roster, Cooper appears to be a top ten NFL pick, with several of the others having a great chance to go in the top three rounds when they come out. I'll be interested to see how much this talent is used to get the ball down the field. You almost have to go with three wides, etc more often just so you don't waste talent. With AJ returning, the ball could be flyin'.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Your depth at RB is also the best that I have ever seen. If your new O-Line gels and AJ stays healthy, you should have an even better offense next year than you had this year.

Last edited:

JF3

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
Phenix City, AL
I agree... 6 of those you listed could start anywhere. I love our dominating running game, but if we need explosive plays or need to score quickly, we have plenty of receivers to use as weapons. AJ will have options at every position. (XYZ)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm super stoked to see Chris Black in action! He looked so good in the warm ups for the championship game and looked like he could have easily played.

Of course the same goes for Kenny Bell and Deandrew White in terms of looking forward to them coming back from injury.

We know what Norwood, Bell and Cooper can do..hopefully they improve along with Shinn who looked better late in the year.

I fully expect Cyrus Jones to blossom and hopefully Christian Jones continues to improve.

Robert Foster looks to be smooth as silk and full of potential!!! Also can't wait to see what Falkins (sp?) can do with his size...around 6'4" I think!

Also don't forget about OJ Howard who is listed as a TE, but most believe can play wide receiver too!

As is said here often, it's an "embarrassment of riches!"

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Going to make it easier on McCarron AND Cooper. Not many practical ways to double Cooper when every guy can make a play. McCarron also doesn't have to force a throw because the open guy can make plays too.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm super stoked to see Chris Black in action! He looked so good in the warm ups for the championship game and looked like he could have easily played.

Of course the same goes for Kenny Bell and Deandrew White in terms of looking forward to them coming back from injury.

We know what Norwood, Bell and Cooper can do..hopefully they improve along with Shinn who looked better late in the year.

I fully expect Cyrus Jones to blossom and hopefully Christian Jones continues to improve.

Robert Foster looks to be smooth as silk and full of potential!!! Also can't wait to see what Falkins (sp?) can do with his size...around 6'4" I think!

Also don't forget about OJ Howard who is listed as a TE, but most believe can play wide receiver too!

Shinn showed some impressive development between the SECCG and BCSCG. His deep completion he dropped may have been a little late from McCarron which led to the hit. Christion Jones is due to take the next step next year and White+Bell is a competent burner threat. Not to forget our Hines Ward, Kevin Norwood. Not a flashy guy but he makes the winning plays.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Couple that WR corps with potential of OJ Howard at TE - WOW! I'd give anything to have the OL we had this year just one more year! If the OL comes together (and honestly, I think they will) we could be looking at the most prolific offense we've ever had by a mile. If Jalston can come back at full strength at FB, we may be telling our grandkids about next year's offense.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Best comparison I could find, and only judging on College work, is the 1996 Florida Gators..

• 3 Travis McGriff - Sophomore
  • 5 Jacquez Green - Sophomore
  • 8 Nafis Karim - Sophomore
  • 15 Reidel Anthony - Junior
  • 18 Jamie Richardson - Freshman
  • 19 Ike Hilliard - Junior
  • 20 Tyrone Baker - Junior
  • 31 Craig Dudley - Freshman
  • 83 Jason Dean - Senior
  • 84 David Nabavi - Senior
  • 85 Ian Skinner - Freshman
Mcgriff, Green, Anthony, and Hilliard all were All Americans at one time. They all posted 1000+ seasons in their careers. They all were drafted in the first three rounds (Mcgriff 3rd, Green, 2nd, Anthiny and Hilliard 1st). That's a nice comparison to be able to have...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Don't forget about Raheem Falkins out of NOLA as well that is coming in. Another 6'4" kid. With O.J. coming in as well this should be fun!!

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Your depth at RB is also the best that I have ever seen. If your new O-Line gels and AJ stays healthy, you should have an even better offense next year than you had this year.
As you said IF our OL gels and AJ stays healthy. Our RB and receiver talent complement each other. If a defense loads up to stop the run they get burned down field. I think it's possible this could actually help our OL since they should have equality with the defense on most plays.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Shinn showed some impressive development between the SECCG and BCSCG. His deep completion he dropped may have been a little late from McCarron which led to the hit. Christion Jones is due to take the next step next year and White+Bell is a competent burner threat. Not to forget our Hines Ward, Kevin Norwood. Not a flashy guy but he makes the winning plays.
Amen, brother!

The last 2 NCG's being prime examples...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

McCarron KNEW what he was coming back too, it wasnt a mistake on his part...;)
we're stacked, no doubt...its going to be awesome making a run at a 'three-peat'.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
This is what will lead to the 3-peat! Believe that! If the line can give AJ just a little time they'll burn people.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
Our RB's should help with that as well....
TJ Yeldon, Kenyon Drake, Jalston Fowler, Dee Hart, Derrick Henry, Altee Tenpenney, Tyren Jones...
...thats a lot of solid RB talent right there...

teams can pick thier poison; stack the box and get burned on a pass, play safties back and we'll tear them apart with the run...

And our defense, well, theyre going to be even deeper and more experienced as well...

...Its good to be a Bama fan right now...;)

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
Best comparison I could find, and only judging on College work, is the 1996 Florida Gators..

• 3 Travis McGriff - Sophomore
  • 5 Jacquez Green - Sophomore
  • 8 Nafis Karim - Sophomore
  • 15 Reidel Anthony - Junior
  • 18 Jamie Richardson - Freshman
  • 19 Ike Hilliard - Junior
  • 20 Tyrone Baker - Junior
  • 31 Craig Dudley - Freshman
  • 83 Jason Dean - Senior
  • 84 David Nabavi - Senior
  • 85 Ian Skinner - Freshman
Mcgriff, Green, Anthony, and Hilliard all were All Americans at one time. They all posted 1000+ seasons in their careers. They all were drafted in the first three rounds (Mcgriff 3rd, Green, 2nd, Anthiny and Hilliard 1st). That's a nice comparison to be able to have...
This group was my first thought as well. Very frustrating to watch them carve us up in '96. I can't remember another team scoring 45 or more points against us. Those guys were close to unstoppable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.